CHAPTER FOUR

04 | powers

NOVA GLANCED AT THE PRIVATE JET THAT WAS IN FRONT OF HER. This was the first time in her life she has seen a private jet. Her family wasn't poor, but they weren't rich either. They were at the boarder line. The girl never experienced a rich lifestyle. Tony was chucking at the amusement Nova was showing.

"Where are we going again?" Nova questioned, adjusting the bag that was draped on her shoulder.

"Germany," Tony clicked his tounge before looking down at his watch. The other kid was going to be in there soon.

"I once ran to Egypt and it took me twenty seconds. I don't need a goddamn airplane." Nova mused. Tony was definitely surprised at how big this girls ego is. He immediately searched his head for something to convince her to ride the airplane. Nova had shown a certain interest in food over the past few days they communicated.

"There's food?" Tony suggested, not too sure with his answer. The teenage girl perked up and nodded. "I'm in." she was gone when Tony blinked his eyes.

Heaving out a sigh, Tony walked towards the jet. The other kid he requited went to go to the bathroom, and was already on his way to the jet. Tony waited for a few seconds until Peter Parker went next to him.

Saying nothing, Tony walked towards the plane. A string of questions left Peter's mouth, but Tony left them unanswered. The billionaire walked towards the part where Nova was eating chips, while looking outside the window.

Tony cleared his throat. "Um, Nova. I'd like you to meet someone."

Nova sprung up from her seat. Peter Parker entered the plane, not knowing who to expect. "Mr. Stark, I think this table has a crack!" he exclaimed when he noticed the cracked table.

The girl froze. She was all to familiar with that voice.

"Hey, I'd like you to meet Peter Parker. Spiderman." Tony motioned to Peter. Peter's eyes were fixed on the ground. He wasn't able to comprehend why Tony just revealed his secret identity to a stranger.

"Uh-hey. I'm Peter." Peter looked up to face the girl.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Nova screamed. Peter Parker, her best friend was infront of her. The boy was caught off guard. "Nova?"

"You two know each other?" Tony motioned to the two of them. Nova nodded frantically, grabbing the handle of the chair that she was sitting in just minutes ago. "You're—"

"Why are you here?!" Peter cut Nova off. When Mr. Stark told him he was going to fight in Germany and meet a partner, Nova was the last person he would expect.

"She's that hero you fight with." Tony butted in. Nova gave the billionaire a look of dissapointment. "Wow, thanks Mr. Stark!" the girl exclaimed, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Peter's eyes widened. Nova was swift? "You're swift." he pointed out.

"It's pretty obvious at this point, so yeah. This is so cool! You're Spider-Man?" the girl questioned. Tony walked towards the other side of the airplane when he saw that Peter and Nova were already chatting among theirselves. He didn't really want to listen how the two teenagers would fangirl over each other.

"You have powers!" Nova exclaimed in a whisper and dramtically held her head. Peter eyed the girl. "I'm not the one who saved 24 people from dying!"

"Does May know?" Nova whispered. She knew that May would never approve of this. If she knew that Peter was risking his life every day, the woman would freak out. "No! Of course not! She'll freak out and won't allow me to guard New York anymore!"

"If I'd ask you, does Matt know?" Peter questioned, placing his bag on one of the chairs. "No! He'd freak out!"

"So... super speed?" Peter motioned for her to sit beside him. Both of them knew that this would be a very very long talk.

———

NOTES: hello. im alive. this is single-handedly the worst chapter ive written.