CHAPTER EIGHT

08 | tony stank

Nova was in a trance where Wanda was seeing the memories she could see, but she was thoughtless and emotionless about it. Nova wasn't aware of the time that was passing, but after Wanda has seen it all, a seering pain closed Wanda out of her head and the next thing she knew was that Wanda was whimpering.

A loud bang was heard when Nova's eyes started working. A gasp came out of her lips as the color of her eyes went back to normal. Wanda placed a hand on her mouth in shock, or maybe pity, and kept whimpering. The memories she saw made her realize that Nova was going through a lot, and will go through a lot, but she still doesn't realize it since she thinks that Wanda only manipulated her mind into seeing those things.

"Terrible... Terrible things have happened to you!" she exclaimed, backing away from the teenage girl.

Before Nova could say anything, she saw the figure of Rhodney flying down from a high altitude. She gave Wanda one last look before speeding off to the man.

Nova waited for Rhodney to reach a few meters above the ground, and that's when she stopped time again. The blast coming out of Tony's suit was going really slow, and Rhodney's fast falling body was now moving like a paper being dropped out of thin air. Nova disapearred and went back to the scene with a few cargo boxes, so she'll be able to catch Rhodney.

Nova positioned them sideways, and the boxes luckily didn't fall. The girl ran upwards with the support of the boxes, until she finally reached Rhodney, placed his suit around her arms, and layed the man back in the ground.

When she knew that the man was safe, that was when time resumed once again. Tony fell on the ground where Rhodney was safe, and removed his helment to avoid the man from suffocating.

"Am I dead?" Rhodney asked, and Nov let out a chuckle. There was a few drops of blood from his head, but other than that, he was safe from other serious injuries.

"Thanks, kid." Tony gave her a genuine smile. Nova stood up and wiped her palms on her suit. "No problem, Mr. Stark."

-

The following Sunday, what was left of the avengers, Nova, and Peter went back to New York.

"What was that kid's name?" Rhodney asked, walking around the compound. The pair caught a glimpse of Vision twirling a chess peice around, so they decided to leave him alone. "Nova." Tony replied, taking a sip out of his coffee. Rhodney just nodded his head, thankful for the girl. He could've been in a really bad shape if it wasn't for her.

They continued talking about her until a knock on the door caught their attention. It was an elderly delivery man from FedEx. He looked down at the box then back at him. "Are you Tony Stank?"

"Yes, this is Tony Stank. You're in the right place. Thank you for that! Never dropping that, by the way. 'Table for one, Tony Stank.' please, by the bathroom." Rhodney started leaving.

Tony went to his office and placed the package over his desk. He pulled out a cellphone and two envelopes.

He opened the first envelope. It was from Steve.

Tony,

I'm glad you're back at the compound, I don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours, maybe more so than mine. I've been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in anywhere - even in the Army. My faith is in people, I guess. Individuals. And I'm happy to say for the most part, they haven't let me down. Which is why I can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but - maybe they shouldn't. I know I hurt you Tony. I guess I thought - by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but... I can see now I was really sparing myself. I'm sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand. I wish we agreed on the Accords, I really do. I know you were only doing what you believe in, and that's all any of us can do, it's all any of us should. So no matter what, I promise if you -- if you need us. If you need me, I'll be there.

Steve

He felt himself smile a little bit. He opened the second letter, not expecting who it's from.

Wanda.

Tony,

I hope your doing good. Hope you're safe in the compoud. How's Vision doing? Anyways, I'm here to dicuss one thing only. It's about your recruit, Nova. I couldn't help but pity her. So much things happened to her before, and I think she'll need your help in researching about it. Basically, she was took as a child when she was young. Her real dad is named Peter Maximoff. No, he isn't related to me or Pietro. A woman abducted her when she was just a newborn baby. Her father, Peter, is much like Pietro. They share the same powers, but Peter Maximoff was born with it. That's where Nova's mutant gene must have come from. I highly encourage you to learn more about him. Stay safe, Tony.

Wanda

NOTES: I have risen from the dead guys