CHAPTER TWELVE

Nova stood at the doorstep of her real parents. Before she did anything, she gave Tony a worried look. Tony nodded his head and went to knock the door. After a few minutes anxiously waiting for someone to answer the door, it finally went open.

A girl who looked just like Nova answered the door. They had the same blue eyes, pointed nose, and dark brown hair.

"Luna Maximoff?" Tony asked. Nova kept silent the whole time, staring at the older woman infront of her. At first, she didn't believe anything Tony had said, but now that she was looking at her 'sister' she could definitely see the resemblance.

"You're Tony Stark." the other girl, said breathless. "And you're—" the woman paused when she saw Nova. Just like Nova, she was stunned at their resemblance. "- please, come in." the woman said, taking her eyes away from Nova and opening the door for both of them to come inside.

"Honey, who is it?" a deep voice had asked. Luna led both Tony and Nova to the kitchen where Nova saw a man who had silver hair, and a woman who had the same brown hair as hers. The woman was infront of a pot, presumably cooking something. The man was situated on the chair that was beside the table. The man looked like he was in his late thirties. He har a fit body, for people who was in his age group.

Nova gave Tony another nervous look. "What do we do now?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Maximoff?" Tony called out. The woman who was cooking and the man who was sitting came to look at Tony. "I have a couple questions. Mind if me and my assistant sit?" he asked. "Sure," the man stated, motioning to the chair. His eyes had never met Nova's, since his gaze was fixated on Tony.

"Let me start off with–"

"It's her." Luna said, making her way towards Nova. Nova was confused for a split second, then she remembered.

"She had a sister who can read and manipulate the state of nearby beings, including their emotional state, intentions, truthfulness, mental illness, and whether a person is under the mental control of."

The girl started crying as she walked towards Nova. "I-it's Nova." she stated as she engulfed Nova into a deep hug. Nova wrapped her arms around Luna's shoulders, making Peter make his way towards his long lost daughter.

After Luna was finished hugging Nova, Peter went in to hug Nova. He felt as if the missing piece of the puzzle came, and now he felt complete. He didn't need to know if Nova was really his daughter, since he had really felt that connection as soon as he engulfed the teenager into a hug.

Crystalia stopped cooking and engulfed Nova into a giant hug. Tony couldn't help but smile at the interaction that was happening in front of him. Him and Nova were really close, and he felt happy for the teenager he had grown to love.

"Do you have powers?" Peter asked, the smile not wiping out from his face. Tony looked around the kitchen and took a knife, throwing it at Nova. In less than a second, Nova took the knife and set it down on the table. The smile on Peter's face grew bigger, as he discovered that his daughter had his powers.

"Suck it! I told you she was going to have my powers!" the grown man exclaimed, pointing at his wife. Crystalia rolled her eyes and punched Peter on his shoulder. "We made that bet 15 years ago, I won't pay you."

Nova smiled at her dad's reaction. He reminded her so much of herself.

"Oh, I could also do this." Nova stated, putting put her finger to reveal a small spark of fire. "And this," she stated once more, controlling the water that was inside the glass and making it float into the air, before dropping the water again. "And this," the leaves of the small plant that was on the table started to grow. "And lastly, this." the air surrounding them suddenly became very cold,  then returning back to it's normal state.

"She got my powers too." Crystalia laughed a little and went to lean back on her chair.

"So, how did you realized that we lived here?" Peter asked, leaning unto his chair. Nova shrugged for a moment, before thinking. She didn't even knew that she was going to meet her parents. Her glance was now on Tony. "I don't know. He just suddenly told me that we were going to Australia. I had no choice, but I'm glad that I'm here."

"I'm sorry, for the surprise by the way." Tony but in, giving a small smile.

"So, um.. how did you realize that we were your real parents?" Peter asked once more. Nova's breath hitched at the unexpected question. The events of the last year suddenly came flashing into her eyes.

"It's a long and complicated story.." she mumbled.

Peter looked at his daughter. "I have all the time in the world, Nova."