CHAPTER TWO

02| swift.

"OH MY GOD, THIS TASTES AMAZING."

It had been months since Swift and Spider-Man had met at the robbed bank. Both of them occasionally met until they both decided to team up, and become close at the same time. Spider-Man decided that he would take the other hero to one of the places he loved to eat.

Delmars.

The pair were receiving disapproving stares coming from different people. Which wasn't surprising, considering they were eating flat sandwiches and a bag of gummy worms instead of looking over New York.

"People are going to hate us now," Nova pointed out, noticing the stares the customers were giving her. "It's fine though, we need a break every once and a while." Spider-Man replied and lifted his mask a little, biting down the sandwich.

"Spider-Man and Swift, eating sandwiches and gummy worms instead of protecting our city. Are these the heroes your children look up too?" Nova popped in a gummy worm in her mouth. "Definitely going to make the headlines."

"Shut up and eat."

————

Nova entered her and her fathers apartment with her Walkman blasting music through her ears. After eating sandwiches with the masked hero, nothing else crazy happened in New York. The pair managed to save a cat from falling from a tree, and also helped a old lady cross the road, but besides that, nothing important.

"Hey sweetie," Matthew's voice rang through out the room. Nova turned her Walkman off and looked at her phone, not glancing at her dad. "Hey dad."

"This puny man is looking for you."

Nova looked up to see the one and only, Tony Stark. A million questions were ringing in her head. The girl also reminded herself to scold her dad when the billionaire leaves. I mean, that was Tony Stark.

Her smug and confident personality went down the drain. "M-mr. Stark! Hi, um, I'm Nova. W-what brings you here?"

"Miss Ellman. You've been receiving my E-mails right?" the billionaire winked, and Nova immediately catched up. "Yes, I did."

"Regarding the—"

"The grant. The September foundation."

"Why weren't you telling me anything regarding this?" Matthew asked. Nova shrugged. "I thought there wasn't a chance of me getting in. I never thought I would."

Tony Stark was amazed by this girl's ability to lie. The other teenager he recruited earlier was really bad at lying.

They talked about what to expect in the "grant" for a few minutes, and Matthew finally gave in on Tony's persuading to make Nova travel with him to Germany the first thing in the morning.

"I'll pay for everything, and Nova will be receiving an income of 2 million for this grant, since I was really amazed by her project. The trip is only a week long." Tony had explained.

"Can I have a minute with her, please?" Tony asked after finishing. "Sure,"

Nova sat on her bed as they entered her room. Tony looked around the room for a while before adverting his attention back to Nova.

"So, my dad called you a puny man."

"Your dad seems nice." Tony shrugged and sat on the chair that was near her study table.

"He normally isn't like that, he's just protective..." Nova trailed off. "Anyways, look. I never applied for your grant."

"Ah! Me first." Tony exclaimed and took out his phone. A hologram of a girl removing people out of a building seconds before it was bombed down was shown in the video. Nova uncomfortably looked at herself. Nobody knew she was the infamous heroine, Swift.

Another video played. It was her and Spider-Man, saving a group of people who were being robbed in an alley in New York.

"How much do you know about me?" she muttered. Tony smiled, and placed his phone back in his pocket.

"You're Nova Ellman, natural born mutant. Abilities are accelerated healing, time control and manipulation, increased metabolism, and super spead. You go to Midtown Highschool, and you're a freshman. Fifteen years old." Tony said, leaving the girl in shock.

"That is not me." she lied. "That's all on YouTube right? That's fake." Nova turned around and started to fix all of her things. Tony looked at the black suit that was at her table and removed it from the fold. It was the exact same suit from the video.

"Okay, but what is this?" Tony brought up the suit. Nova's eyes widened and the suit came out of Tony's reach in milliseconds.

"Well, that answers my questions." Tony stood up and looked at the girl who was stuffing the suit in her cabinet.

"So you're Fast. Crime fighting mutant? Speed?" Tony came up with the names that were crossing his head.

"Swift."

"You made that name up? It's terrible." Tony insulted her, causing Nova to roll her eyes. "Whatever. Why do you need me?" she asked, not even caring if she was being rude at this point.

"Does anybody know?"

"No."

"Not even your really sweet dad?" Tony asked, the sarcasm dripping off his voice.

"No!" she exclaimed loudly. Tony was taken aback for a second. "If he knew I was a mutant, he might send me away! Or even leave!"

"No he won't, he's your father."

"Yeah, my mom was my mom as well. But what did she do? She left." Nova vented and sat down.

Tony sighed and sat down beside the girl. "You have a passport?"

"No."

"Have you ever been to Germany?" Tony, questioned, causing her to shake her head.

"Oh you'll love it there."

"I can't go to Germany!" the girl hissed, standing up. "Why?"

"I have.. school."

"Why are you kids so bothered with school?" Tony muttered to himself.

"Might be dangerous. I'm telling Dad that I'm talking you on a field trip," Tony was about to open the door and leave, but Nova appeared infront of him and taped Tony to the ground with ductape in milliseconds. "Do not tell dad. I'm going with you to Germany. Just, please don't tell dad."

"Alright, Swift." Tony said and stared at Nova.

After a few beats of silence, Tony spoke up again.

"Now get me out of this."