CHAPTER ONE

01 | spider-man

IT WAS A COLD NIGHT IN NEW YORK CITY. Surely, it was this time that the criminals would go to cause mischief among the defenseless citizens. Which, was the thing Nova was exited about. The past few days have been very uneventful. The most helpful thing she has done in the past week was help a senior citizen cross the street.

Quite a few people were walking at Queens, which started to decrease her hope on doing something eventful for the night. The sound of the cars whirring and ocationally honking their horns and various voices of the people on the street were the only things she could hear.

Nova was about to head back home, but as she was about to leave, the calmness ended abruptly when the alarms from a nearby bank went ringing.

"Bingo!" she exclaimed to herself and adjusted the goggles she was wearing. The goggles helped her see better since the wind would always hurt her eyes when she ran.

Cracking her knuckles, Nova ran down the side of the building. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. Nova was about to go to the bank that was being robbed, but stopped herself when she saw a girl who dropped her books. Smiling to herself, Nova took all the books and placed it on the girl's hands.

Nova examined the girl's face. Seems familliar. I see her at school.

Shaking her head, she ran swiftly to the bank that was being robbed. The girl scolded herself for being distracted.

Coming to a halt, the world seemed to go back to normal. The people in the bank were surprised to see a blue figure suddenly rush across the room. The criminals who were covered head to toe in black all fell down at the force. Nova hid behind a giant cabinet that was at the rear end of the bank.

Recovering from the fall, one of the robbers hissed and started shooting the roof of the bank. This caused all of the victims to cry in fear and hold their heads down.

"Nobody move!" the unknown man raged. "Go shoot that thing that's behind the cabinet." he wanted to focus on getting rid of the figure first, thinking that it was Spiderman. "Shoot!"

"Hey! Seriously, a bank?" all of the robbers snapped their heads towards the source of the voice. "Can't have a little originality?"

"Shoot! At the Spider-boy and the cabinet! Now!"

Nova ran out of her hiding place. Like always, everything was in slow-motion again. She smirked at the scene infront of her. The girl thought Spiderman looked funny, seeing that this was the first time she saw him in person. Nova rushed towards Spiderman, then looking at his costume. "What a crappy costume," she insulted him, and looked back at the robbers. One of the criminals shot the manager. The girl turned on her walkman, music was immediately playing in her ears as she ran.

Nova sped at the leader. His mouth was midway open, and his gun was aimed at the cabinet she used as a hiding place. The bullet was midway across the room, moving forward slowly.

The girl took his hand, turned it into a fist, and strongly pushed it against his face, so that the man would punch himself into oblivion. Satisfied to herself, Nova ran to the other criminals. She either pushed them down, punched them, and pulled their pants up. Clapping her hands, she took the cap that the last man was wearing, and placed it on her head.

"Oh shit." Nova muttered when she saw the bullets were nearing the victims and Spiderman. The girl speedily ran towards the manager. The bullet that was about to hit the woman was now distanced from her or anybody. Smiling, she turned to Spider-Man. Nova pushed the bullet with her finger, and distanced it away from the masked hero.

Coming to a stop, the world resumed. The bullets didn't hurt anybody. Spider-Man screamed like a girl. All of the criminals either groaned in pain or fell down.

Spider-Man faced the fellow masked hero. "Thanks," he said breathlessly and proceeded to web up all the other robbers. Nova helped the victims evacuate the bank while the police were on their way.

"Thank you very much," the woman who she saved earlier exclaimed. "No problem, Ma'am. It's my job," Nova smiled.

"So.. What are you supposed to be?" Spider-Man asked Nova. Through her goggles, she glared at her fellow hero. "I'm swift. Been saving people since a month ago."

"Oh! Yeah. The one in the newspaper." Spider-Man faced down. "Judging by your voice, are you a girl?"

"Yeah. In case you don't see this, I have hair."

"So... Powers?"

"I can run fast." Nova stated with no evident emotion in her voice. "I'm a mutant."

"Mutants still exist?" Spider-Man asked, but soon regretted it. Maybe she isn't comfortable talking about it?

"I mean, if you don't want to talk-"

"Mutants still exist, Spider-Boy. They're everywhere. Hiding." Nova stated. As soon as she ended the sentence, a group of police officers arrived at the scene, ready to take the robbers. Nova gave Spider-Man a pat on the back and disappeared in seconds.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

NOTES: Did this in school, sorry if it's crappy.