CHAPTER NINE

THE FOLLOWING MONDAY, NOVA WOKE UP EARLIER THAN USUAL. She got ready for school, ate breakfast and brushed her teeth, and was about to go to school when she saw a paper bag on her table.

Putting her bag down, she took the paper bag and examined it for a while. There wasn't a note or anything. It was just a brown paper bag.

Nova opened the bag, not knowing what to expect. Turns out, there was a note inside. It's all yours.

A giant smile formed on her face as she brought up the suit she wore when she was in Germany. It was in the exact same condition.

Her name was called out by her dad, causing her to hide her costume and the paper bag in a flash.

-

Nova walked down the block to the main gates of her highschool and heaved a sigh. One more week until summer break. The bell rung and caused her to continue walking, eventually reaching her first perioud. She sat down on her chair that was seated infront of Peter, only realizing that he wasnt there.

Peter came in before the final bell rung. As soon as he sat down, he faced Ned with a huge smile on his face. "You wouldn't belive the weekend I had...."

-

After saving a kid from a potential child predator with Peter, Nova was walking home with her ally. The two were overjoyed at the fact that they saved a twelve year old from potential danger.

A police car suddenly zoomed past them, which ended the pair's conversation. Peter was a little concerned about this, for all he knew that nothing was happening in New York anymore. Before any of them could talk, Nova's phone started to ring.

Nova answered immediately, and a deep voice was heard from the other line. "Hello, Nova."

"Who are you?" she asked in a calm voice, even though she was freaking out. Peter motioned for her to put it on speaker, and she did so.

The other line was silent. This caused Nova to be more anxious.

"Who the fuck are you?" she hissed through the phone. Laughter was heard from the other side. "Your dad wouldn't appreciate you cursing, wouldn't he?"

Nova hung up the phone and faced Peter. Without saying anything, she grabbed him on the back of his head and rushed to her home.

In less than a second, Peter was standing outside her door. Nova slowly pushed the door open and went to see what was inside. Before Nova could even talk, someone wrapped a collar around Nova, which she found ridiculous since she was faster than the speed of light, yet she couldn't manage to stop the person.

"This," the man motioned to the collar on her neck, "Is a device I invented. It senses when the X-Gene is being used. The device will immediately send 4amps, which causes you to have heart paralysis. So if you want to stay alive, I suggest you stay still, shut up, and don't use your powers."

"Hey—" Peter started, but the man pressed the button. An electrical shock went through Nova's body, which caused her to scream out in pain.

"That was at 0.01amps. Talk again and I'll hurt her. Anyone of you do something stupid and I'll hurt her."

When the man made sure that everything was silent, he removed his mask.

"Uncle Ken?" Nova choked out. Ken was a really close friend of her mom, so close that her dad told Nova that she thought that her mom was cheating on him. He was really close to Nova back then, but he started drifting away since her mom left her.

"Bring her in," he spoke into a device. The door to the entrance of their apartment flew open, and a woman came strutting in with a bunch of men. "Tie them up first," the woman whispered to Ken, who nodded. In a few moments, Peter and Nova were tied side by side, unable to do anything.

"Hello, Nova." the woman said. The teenager just ignored this. She was looking at the ground, and a million questions were going through her mind at the moment. She still hadn't found her dad.

"Look at me."

Nova slowly raised her head to look at the woman. As soon as she did this, several tears fell down from her face. It was a face she was all too familiar with. The face that she hadn't seen in more than ten years. The face that left her at a young age.

"Mom?" she stuttered out. "I'm so glad you're her—"

"Stop talking."

"I'm not here for a special family reunion. I'm here to tell you a story." she smiled.

"One day, a baby girl was born to parents who were mutants. Her mom Crystal is often described in her appearances as an elemental due to her unique ability to control the four : air, earth, fire, and water. In her proficiency in controlling these "elements" allows her to achieve a variety of effects and additional abilities. Her psionic powers are a result of exposure to the , which coupled with genetic engineering of the Inhumans by the in the distant past, grant Inhumans abilities beyond the capabilities of an ordinary Inhuman that are unique to each individual. Her dad, who was very much like her, was capable of moving and thinking at superhuman speeds. Originally capable of running at the , exposure to the 's Isotope E made it possible for the him to run at of up to 10 and resist the effects of , reduced , and impact while moving at super-speeds. Also, he has a fast metabolism and can heal more rapidly than the average human. His speed allows him to perform such feats as creating -strength winds and running up walls or across bodies of water. She had a sister who can read and manipulate the state of nearby beings, including their emotional state, intentions, truthfulness, mental illness, and whether a person is under the mental control of . These states are represented to her as various cascading colors that she learns to interpret and to change for various effects. Because her powers are essentially some kind of visual empathy they are generally limited to her line of sight."

She took a deep breath. "She, however, has almost the same abilities as her father, however, she has a x-gene that hasn't been activated, which will only will be if only this," she mentioned to a syringe, "-is put into her."

"She was took away from her parents right after she was born, and is now living most of her life as a lie." the woman smirked. "And that girl is you, Nova."