16

£ Cassy

"I came as soon as I found out." I look to the voice, seeing Samandriel. He hasn't been home in years. He ran away when that accident happened. I haven't fully forgiven him, but I know it isn't his fault what happened. "Cas, are you okay?"

"Not really." I say weakly.

He walked over and gently hugged me.

"We'll leave the two of you." Dad says, motioning everyone to leave the room.

Once everyone is gone, he turns back to me, pulling up a chair. "How are you?"

I stay silent for a moment. "Why did you leave?"

"To come see you, silly."

"No, us. Me, why did you leave me?" I ask. "You're my annoying ass little brother and you left."

He looks down sadly. "I know."

"It wasn't your fault. Samandriel, you didn't do it."

"It is my fault."

"Hello, there. I got your test results."

We both turn to the doctor.

"You went into anaphylactic shock."

"What? But I'm not allergic to anything."

"You are, but we don't know what it is yet. You have all the signs of an allergic reaction. You'll be okay in a few days. I am perscribing some steroids and pain killers. It will help with the pain and getting the reaction out of your body."

"Allergic reaction?" I ask. "Nobody has ever had an allergic reaction this bad, are you sure?"

"Well, I am the doctor."