Chapter 11 "Like Old Times":

Clem's POV:
We were almost back to the boarding school as Gabe and I talked a lot more than we did on the way there. We talked about our lives before the apocalypse and mostly more about what we both have been up to for the last four years from me taking care of AJ to Gabe's traveling from community to community until he found the school. We were sneakily pulling back in to the boarding school's garage until we saw Marlon blocking the pathway folding his arms and looking directly at us with a pissed off face. "Uh oh. Looks like we're busted." Gabe said as Marlon then moved to Gabe's side, smacked the window, and said, "Out of the truck. NOW!" We then got out of the truck as Marlon went straight towards Gabe. "What the hell do you think you were doing?! This is the third time I've had to tell you not to take the truck without checking in with me first." Marlon yelled at him.
"Oh don't give me that shit Marlon. We both know you wouldn't have agreed to it." Gabe said back at him. " that's not the point Gabriel. The point is that this truck is the only vehicle that we own and say something happens while you're off on your little joyride and we need transportation. What the fuck are we supposed to do then?!" He yells even angrier at Gabe as he then turned his attention towards me. "And you! I know that Gabe is your friend at all and I appreciate and support you two having a friendship. But you've only been here a little more than 24 hours and you're already pulling bullshit like this. What were you thinking?" Marlon then yelled at me. "Look I just left my hat in the car I crashed at the train station and Gabe help me get it back OK?!" I defended myself as I could tell Marlon didn't like my excuse. "A hat?! That's what you stole the truck for?! A fucking hat?! What was so important about a goddamn head that you have to take our vehicle without me knowing?" Marlon said sounding even angrier. "Because it's the last thing my father ever gave me before he died OK fuck face?!" I said losing my temper as well. Marlon then looked at me with wide eyes and said, "Oh... Well don't pull shit like this again. And if you want to use the truck you come talk to me alright?" "Ok fine. Whatever." I said before Marlon just looked back at Gabe real quick and left.
Later that night, the whole community was apparently having some kind of cook out just to have a little fun. Honestly I was just excited to get a really good decent meal for both me and AJ. So before I went down to eat, I went back to my room to go get AJ and Violet. I walked into the room to see Violet getting along with AJ pretty well as I just stood in the doorway and giggled. As soon as she saw me, she went from playful to serious as she stood up and said, "Oh you're back. Cool I guess." "Clem!!!" AJ said as he ran up to me and hug me and I hugged back. "Well I'm going to head down to the cookout so you two have fun and come down whenever." Violet said before leaving the room. "So are you ready to have the meal of your life bud?" I asked him if he jumped up and down. "Oh you bet. From what I hear there's going to be more food than I've ever eaten in my whole life. I heard there's going to be rabbit, pig, fresh beef from cows, and even some fish." He said as the more and more food he talked about the morn and more excited he got. "Yeah that's great AJ. So do you remember Gabe?" I asked him as I know he never saw him or got to meet him but I did talk about him from time to time. "Yeah you talked about them all the freaking time. Sometimes he was all you ever talked about. What about him?" He asked. "Well I just found out today that he's alive and he's here living in the boarding school and I think it would be nice if you got to meet him." I said as AJ shrugged his shoulders and said, "OK that's cool. I always wanted to know what made you so obsessed with him." He said as I got red with embarrassment. "Come on AJ. I wasn't... I wasn't obsessed with him." I said stuttering for my embarrassment. "Uh yeah sure. Come on let's go down and eat I'm starving and I imagine you're starving too." He said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me downstairs.
Gabe's POV:
A part of me still can't believe that Clementine was back in my life. I am in so much time has passed that it seemed like it would never happen and yet it did. I still feel a little bad for getting her in a bit of trouble with my best friend but at least we got her hat back. As I was in my thoughts, I saw Marlon walk up next to me as some of the younger kids started playing on the playground and some of the older kids were playing football. "Hey Gabe. Listen sorry about what happened a few hours ago with the whole truck thing. I just need a little respect once in a while you know?" Marlon said. "Yeah I know. I'm sorry I know this is the third time but I just wanted to do something right for Clem since she's back." I said as Marlon nodded his head once and said, "Yeah I get it. Chicks will do that to you." We then both chuckled a bit. As we were talking, I saw Clementine walk towards the rest of the group holding the hand of a little black kid with an Afro who I assumed was AJ. You know I never got the time to actually see how much Clementine has grown because I was too busy just enjoying her company. But I have to say that she has only gotten hotter and sexier over time. Back when I first met her, she was only thirteen and only started puberty. But now that she's 17, her breasts were fully rounded and her ass looked amazing with her hourglass figure. But also to be honest I never really liked Clementine for her body or looks although they weren't bad in the slightest. I always had a crush on Clem because of the person she was. She was true to her character and pure of heart willing to help anyone in need and never turned her back on anyone she cared about. That's why I had a crush on her. Hell that's why I still have a crush on her.
"Marlon listen, I'm gonna go over and hang out with Clem and AJ for a bit. So I'll see you later." I said running off as I wave to Marlon and he waved back. I walked up from behind Clementine and tapped her on the shoulder. She quickly jumped in surprise as she then saw me and punched my shoulder lightly. "You fucking dick! You almost gave me a goddamn heart attack!" She said while giggling through her sentence. "Well it looks like your observation skills need a bit of work if I was able to sneak up on you." I joked as we both laughed a little. "Oh Gabe I would like to introduce you to AJ. I know you never got a chance to meet him back when I went to first get them, but now is the perfect time for you too." She said as AJ walked up to me. "Good to meet you AJ." I said holding out my hand for him to shake. He shook my hand and said, "it's nice to meet you too Gabe. Clem has talked a lot about you." "Hopefully all good things." I said as AJ raised his eyebrow with a half cocked grin and said, "Oh I think you know the answer to that." "Well anyway the foods getting served so we should probably get our seats." Clem said as AJ and I nodded and we followed her to one of the picnic tables.
Clementine sat down as AJ said on her left and I was about to sit on her right until I was pushed out of the way by Louis. "Hey baby girl, mind if I sit next to you, sexy thing?" He said as I could tell it made Clementine uncomfortable. "Actually I was planning on sitting next to her." I told him as he took his attention off Clementine and onto me. "Nobody was asking you dick slice." He said with a bit of attitude. "As a matter of fact I would much rather sit next to gate in a perverted jack ass like you." Clem said getting a little attitude herself. "Oh really? What is he, your boyfriend or something?" Louis asked as I then tried to hide my blush at the thought of Clem and I being boyfriend and girlfriend. "Well n...no." I answered awkwardly as I swear to god I thought I saw Clem blush a little as well. "Well that's good. That means there's an open spot for me to slide in." He said as Clem looked like she was gonna explode. "Look she's not interested OK? So just your damn dreadlocks and go the fuck away!" AJ them blurted out as Louis then gave me a dirty look and walked away. "Sorry for swearing Clem." AJ apologized as I sat down next to Clem. "Know what, this time I'll allow it." Clem told him as we don't all began eating as I had a rabbit and Clem and AJ both had fish.
Clem's POV:
Gabe, AJ, I, and some of the other kids ate, laughed, and joked with each other at the table. After we were done with our food, Gabe looked like he had a sudden idea as mostly everyone went to have a little fun including AJ who went to play with Ten. "Hey Clementine." He said as I threw my paper plate away. "Yeah Gabe?" I asked him. "I think it's been long enough being four years at all. Why don't we have a little rematch with a good game of Euchre?" Gabe said as I got really excited. "Holy shit! You still have those cards after all this time?" I asked him as he nodded his head and responded, "Yep I've been hanging onto these babies for years." "Well then let's play a game and I will destroy you." I posted as I sat across the table from him as he handed me my cards and see began to play. "Ah hah!!! I beat you again!" Gabe playfully mocked as I threw my cards on the table in defeat. "God dammit! I thought after all this time I would be able to kick your ass and yet you kick my ass." I said in playful frustration. "Well you're out of practice is all. While you stay here for as long as you are we'll play as many times as you want until you get better." Gabe said as I assumed Marlon told him I'd be here for only a short amount of time because that's what I told him. "Well actually Gabe since you're here I think it's best if AJ and I stay here indefinitely." I told him as Gabe got excited. "Oh my god that's great. It'll be nice seeing you every day." He said joyfully as I replied, "Same with you dork. Now let's get back to this game so I can finally kick your fucking ass."
We played for a little bit longer and every single time Gabe would win. I don't know how he does it he's like a fucking euchre wizard or something. Eventually I heard Gabe yawn as he said, "Well it's pretty late and I'm exhausted. I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow?" He asked as I said back, "Yep. You'll definitely be seeing me tomorrow." "Well goodnight." He said as he left for his room. I then walked back to mine as Marlon did me a huge favor and dropped off AJ for me while I was playing with Gabe. God playing euchre again with him made me so goddamn happy. Just spending the whole day with him made me feel like the world head and collapsed into dog shit. That there could be actual fun and good in the world again. God I missed that dork. I walked into my room and saw AJ jumping on his bed. "AJ what are you doing bud?" I asked him. "I don't know I'm just really bored. Anyway how was your day with Gabe?" He asked me. "Oh it was great. One of the best days of my life. I missed spending time with that goofy dork. For the first time in a while I feel... I feel like a kid again." I said as I began to think what was the last time I truly get like a kid. But I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard AJ ask me, "You like-like him don't you?" "What?! N...no! We are... Just...Fr... friends." I said stuttering nervously. "Gabe and Clemmy sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G!" He began to sing as I got both embarrassed and annoyed. "AJ knock it off." I said but he kept going. "First comes love. Then comes marriage. Then comes a baby in the baby carriage." He concluded as I just rolled my eyes. "OK goofball time for bed." I said. "OK then good night. And don't call me goofball." He said as he then fell asleep. I then went to the top bunk and begin to think about what AJ asked me. Do I love Gabe? I know I used to but do I still? I... I think I am in love with him. But I don't think he feels the same. I think he just sees me as a friend. The same old friend that he used to know. I should probably still tell him how I feel hopefully soon. As I was getting caught up in my thoughts I begin to gt sleepier and sleepier and soon I was sound asleep with Gabe stuck in my mind.