:||: Foreshadow :||:

It was dark, only a low flicker of candlelight in the distance. Then the dark smoky gray fog rolled in like a cloud of dust until the whole room was brighter than the sun. In the distance, a cloaked figure appeared in the room that had gray walls and the brightest crimson red curtains that hung from the ten-foot ceiling. They appeared to have been drenched in thick, boiling blood. The bold figure stood still near the curtains.

I walked toward it and tried to remove the hood, but it snapped back, pulling a rather long, heavy set sword out with sharp jagged ends unlike any I've seen before. It had a handle as dark as the night and wielded a black blade darker than death itself, darker than anything.

A single silver lining lined the outskirts of the blade and along the side was a silver engraving burrowed into the iron, tilted in a way that made it nearly impossible to read. I breathed hard as I saw the hand raise and the sharp blade pointed directly against my neck. In a split second my hand fell to my own, pulling out my largely crafted, two-handed battle sword. I was practically staring this fully trained Assassin in its unseen deadly eyes... staring into the eyes of death.

I raised my sword, letting the two blades clash. Sparks flew between the two blades like a raging, infuriated flame. I took only a couple steps back, remembering how Darkfyre taught me as I danced around gracefully with this skilled man or woman.

I noticed this skillful person had mastered the art of the sword and pulled to be much more skillful than even Darkfyre had been. A painful stab seared through my stomach as I remembered Darkfyre... I didn't even get to say goodbye...

I cruelly shook my head, shaking off of the untimely memory of him. The way I saw it I was dancing with the Lord Of Hell himself..I was dancing with Satan.

Its beady eyes stared me down as the cloaked figure seemed to hold back on me, but still, to my dismay managed to overpower me. The person's fist contacted my face and a deafening crack sounded out, busting my eardrums. A harsh pain shot through me, numbing my jaw as black dots spotted my vision. I fell back with the taste of blood in my mouth. My tears stung the corners of my eyes as I tried, but failed, to blink them away. Then a foot kicked my feet from under me. It stood over me as I desperately flailed around, reaching for my fallen sword. A set of strong arms swung up, slamming back down. Then the swords clashed once more. My bright eyes reopened and our swords pushed forcefully against one another. My blade was only inches from my face and on the other side of the fighting slabs of iron, I saw it...

I saw my attacker.

My eyes widened, and I breathed unevenly, kicking up hard against its gut with teary eyes and an emotionally unstable heart that dared to burst from my closed chest.

"It's you?! B-but you- what?!" I screamed, pushing it off and getting up. I raised my sword, swinging it harder - and harder and harder, matching the strength that they fought with.

"You son of a bitch!!" I couldn't help but lose myself. My emotions all mixed together started to eat at my soul, I was shaking at the very core of my existence. Pain. Betrayal. Anger. I could feel my hands getting sweaty and I started to lose my grip on the slick sword handle. Then, it fell to the ground and everything went dark, a long blade was stabbed cold through my right shoulder. Stinging. Coldness. Shock. And then a gasp fled from my parted lips as I felt something bang over my head; blood dripped down my body like a fountain of sparing darkness; and I was falling. I was out.