:||: The Promise :||:

Darkfyre's eyes widely stared at me, as if to be taken by surprise. Finally, I finally took him and won. I felt happiness swell in me and gently poked his cheek. "Are you okay?" I whispered, mainly because of the look that was on his face. He nodded and his hands rested on my side, so I released him and put my dagger away.

"Not bad.." He grunted, "But it won't happen ever again. So you better enjoy this time." He huffed, rubbing the back of his neck. I rolled my eyes, "That is where you're wrong." I corrected.

There was a knock at the door and Darkfyre immediately leaned over and picked up my sword, strapping it oddly into his belt. I ran over and unlocked the door, "Sorry we were prac-" I cut off by Okura's laugh.

"Yeah. You two, in here alone, behind a locked door..." She chuckled and looked to Darkfyre and then back to me, "I know what you two were practicing.." She rolled her eyes and looked straight to me, "Anyways it's not why I'm here. I came to find you." Okura's voice dropped the whole flirty, bull-shit tone.

"What for?" I asked as Darkfyre walked up behind me.

Okura was silent for a moment, "Nothing big or important. I was just going to see if you were feeling any better. I've checked on the others. I just wanted to give you a few days to recover some before I came looking for you." She offered a smile and I stepped forward, giving her a hug.

"Thank you..and I'm feeling much better. I'm a little sore, but nothing I can't handle." I smiled back. She nodded and looked to Darkfyre, " Don't hurt her or I'll have to kill you." She intimidated. Darkfyre didn't look affected at all, "I wouldn't dream of it."

"You better not.." Okura growled, watching through narrowed eyes as Darkfyre gave a promising bow.

"Okay, you don't have to threaten him." I murmured, kind of embarrassed.

"Alright, alright. Well I'll see you in class tomorrow." Okura winked and pulled out her dagger, "Now if you'll excuse me." She slipped past us and went to the far end, attacking a practice dummy. I couldn't help but laugh some as I felt Darkfyre's arm wrap around my shoulders.

"Darkfyreeeeee" I groaned like a needy child.

He huffed in a very exaggerated way, "What do you want now?" He looked down, opening the combat doors.

"I want to just lay down and talk..I want to know you more.." I whispered, looking up.

"Why do I get the feeling that this is just a reason to lay on me...?" He smiled some and I nodded timidly. "I really want to know you better though.." I said as we started walking up towards his dorm. We walked slow, just enjoying ourselves.

"Well, I know I'll have to get used to not being alone." He spoke quietly, keeping an annoyingly watchful eye as we got closer to his room. I stayed quiet, just studying his serious poker-like face; his straight lips; his alarmed and narrowed, rather amazing, eyes; the way his hand was clamped over my far shoulder; everything.

"Yes..yes you will." I agreed and leaned on his shoulder until we reached and entered his room. When we walked in I jumped childishly onto the bed, staying propped up on my knees on the end. Darkfyre walked up and stood tall beside the bed, close to me. He had to look down some to actually look face to face with me.

"What do you want to know?" He asked, keeping his voice low.

"Everything.." I breathed softly and pushed my face up, kissing him very softly. The kiss was gentle and only lasted a short moment. My hand locked around his neck and when the kiss was broken I playfully yanked him onto the bed with me. I moved myself some, so that I was laying there on top of him. The warmth of his body warmed me. I could've have stayed there for hours on end, just talking to him. My legs were bent and separated over his sides, my knees pressed tight into his bed and my arms wrapped gently around his neck. I could feel his chest expand and contract from under me as he breathed warm air that tickled the side of my neck. I felt him tighten his grasp around my waist as I shifted my head, so I could look up at him.