:||: Amateurish :||:

The following morning when I woke, I jumped, accidentally rolling off my bed and busting my head on the floor.

"Oww..." I grunted, rubbing my throbbing head as I pushed myself up off the ground, checking the time and quickly getting dressed in all black. I rummaged through my drawers and pulled out a couple pairs of clothes for the trip and slid the dagger into the leather black strap that I tightly tied around my leg. It took me a minute before I could catch my breath and get my head to stop spinning from the fall, but once I had I immediately turned, tossing my clothes in my bag and zipping it up.

"Fuck.." I groaned, flipping my head over and putting my hair in a quick but messy bun and looking in the mirror at the black tights and tank-top I was wearing for the ride. I already knew how Darkfyre would react to the fact that it was 5:56 and I still wasn't down there. But you know, typical me, I guess. I went running out my room with a big, floppy white and gray bag on my shoulder. It banged ungratefully against my shoulder blade with every stride that I made towards the lower level gates.

"Finally," There was a scoff appearing from behind me just as I came down to the lowest level and moved stealthily from the gates.

"Where the hell did you come from!?" I growled, hating when he appeared or disappeared like that. It would get annoying real quick, this much I already knew. Then I continued with my full-bitch sarcasm, "And finally? Pff, My ass. I'm one minute late!!" I growled, showing him the time on my watch. He smirked and held his response for a few seconds, "two, actually. And we could've already left." He chuckled, purposefully having waited for the clock to hit 6:02.

"Get over yourself, asshat." I rolled my eyes and followed him to a beautiful black sports car.

"Do you have a death wish?" He teased. I had never seen him so light-hearted. I kind of liked it; it made me smile. But just like that his face was serious again, "Put your things in the back seat. And I hope you brought something exposing."

My jaw dropped, "Now wh-?" I started to speak but he cut me off before I went off, saying all the things that came bursting through my head, before I gave him all the curses going on throughout my head.

"Not for me! I'm not wanting to see that! Or anything for that matter. Get in the damn car and I'll explain on the way." He muttered, looking a bit uncomfortable. I slowly and unsurely got in, pulling the door shut.

"Explain before I rip your ears from your head." I snapped, glaring at him with a harsh look that drilled into his head.

"Give me the information for the mission first." He laughed. I guess I wasn't threatening enough and the fact that he was stalling made me very tempted to act on my threat; But regardless I opened the message I had from Mr. Locks and scanned through it.

"Okay... It looks like we are traveling to states... gross, there are a lot of people there. Which means we can't be seen o-" I groaned in complaint, but once again, Darkfyre had cut me off. The states was a place the Dylatia was hidden from, but on the same continent of. We would be erased from history if we accidentally led one to the academy or spoke it to a soul.

"Well?!" He snapped, obviously irritated and ready to get on with it.

"Vegas!" I snapped, giving him what he wanted, "Lucas Willis is the target." He looked a little disturbed but urged me to keep reading.

"It says he escaped the academy four years ago. Highly trained... He was a fourth year. And it says he will more than likely be armed and dangerous.." I skimmed through, "Fugitive... Meant for termination... Kill on sight... That's what it says." I looked back over at him.