:||: Innocent Blood :||:

"Lil, I know you don't want to... but it's time to go. We have our assessments today." Okura looked over at me. We sat on the mat in the training room, had been practicing all day, except the last 10 minutes. The combat room was full of fourth years who had it the worst and as I looked around I realized that I'd probably never see any of these people again. They'd all be dead before the next 12 hours was up - all but the lucky five of them. And yet, two days later, I was still feeling the loss of Darkfyre more than ever. I was trying to get through this without acting on my rage but it wasn't easy.

"I... I am coming..." I mumbled, watching as she inhaled and stood, putting a hand out for me. I didn't want to go - I wasn't ready. I didn't want to do this assessment under Tyrone's lead, I know they'd make it a living hell. I didn't want to see the rankings after, I knew I had been slacking off. And I didn't want to find that Darkfyre didn't make the cut. But here I was, due for the assessment in less than an hour and there was no way out.

I reached, grabbing Okura's hand and pulling myself to my feet, "What do you think the assessment will consist of this time...?" I looked over at her but she only shrugged her shoulders at me.

"There is no telling. It will be different than what we are used to, that's for sure..." Okura sighed as she moved past all the sweaty fourth years. I could feel so many emotions building up inside me as I swiftly followed behind Okura. And then she opened the doors and we were about to walk out. There stood Darkfyre.

"I-..." I opened my mouth but nothing came out. Okura reached back and grabbed my hand as her eyes gave me a look, begging me to just come with her. But I couldn't keep my eyes locked with hers more than 3 seconds. I was way too busy giving Darkfyre a glare. I'm not sure what I was trying to accomplish - I had a lot I wanted to say. But just as I opened my mouth to speak I heard another voice call his name and he looked back behind me immediately. A short, threatening growl rose in my throat and I looked back, seeing a beautiful, raven haired, four year student. Danielle Green.

"What the fuck?!"

"Lilith... Stop." Okura tugged me but I yanked my hand free and moved closer to Darkfyre.

"What the hell is this?!"

"My partner for training. And just so you know, it's only for the assessment, Lil." He narrowed his eyes at me. I'm not his girlfriend; I don't have a right to be mad. That's what I kept telling myself, but it wasn't helping.

"Don't call me that!" I growled, feeling anger writhe inside me uncontrollably. Not even pain, just pure rage.

Darkfyre didn't respond to me, which just made me even angrier.

And that's when I had an impossible amount of doubt in my head.

"Tyrone did this...." I muttered.

"Lil, come on. Now we are going to be late if we don't leave. And you can't be dealing this just before your assessment. You'll be thrown all off track." Okura pulled more but I refused to budge.

"No, Lilith. This wasn't anyone but you. You and I aren't right for one another. And I need to focus on being the best, not about saving someone who cannot save herself. I need a training partner who can keep up." Darkfyre was relaxed, but I could see him trembling... what are you holding back!?

"Huh? Keep up!? Like who?! Her?!" I pointed to Danielle, "Too bad that bitch will probably die in the next 12 hours." I scoffed. I was losing it. Who am I? Who have I become?

And then Danielle flipped me off and I had another stupid moment. I watched as Danielle moved to Darkfyre's side, placing her hand on his bicep to pull him towards the mat and in that split second I failed to hold back my jealous rage. I growled and barreled into her - going completely berserk. I bashed my clenched fists into her face and listened to her grunts as she fought to not show pain. She struggled to get out beneath me but I was sitting on her and she was pinned on her back. And I just kept slamming my hands into her face, again and again and again. At one point people even stopped what they were doing and chanted in excitement as I drilled her face. But before long the chants died down and both Darkfyre and Okura had their hands on my shoulders and pried me off Danielle.