Binding

Updates are gonna be short BUT will update EVERYDAY !! :)

" Fidelity is the sister of justice. . ."

                       -Horace

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 10

(MIKAEL’S POV)

“Get ready Miks, You’ll be surprised.” Joshua said then kissed my cheek in assurance.

This is one hell of a pack.

The majestic door swung open as 7 individuals in long dark cloaks came into view.

“Oh stop it will you, Warren?” Maud said while raising her brow at the man who came in first. Warren? Sounds really familiar.

“You always spoil the fun Maud!” then the cloaked man removed the piece of cloth that covered his head.

“Mr. Warren Wedwick?!” Our chemistry teacher?

‘I told ‘ya we’ve seen them.’ Joshua thought .

‘I wasn’t expecting a teacher would be one; guess that was too obvious for me to notice.’ I thought back.

Our little mind conversation was disrupted when the remaining cloaked people decided to reveal themselves to me. One by one they removed the cloak that covered almost half of their faces. I had this sudden urge to laugh when I recognize the rest.

Coach Clarkson, Miss Isabelle Franklin (our English teacher), Mr. Joseph Henry (our history teacher), Mr. Robert Adamson (our trigonometry teacher), Nurse Jules Parker and Sir Rick Leakey (The School Principal)

“Ms. Luther,” Nurse Jules called, “So nice to see you again.”

“W-O-W , just WOW!”

“Should I start calling you names now Luther?” Coach Clarkson teased.

“I’d rather you call me ‘Luther’ Coach!” I replied cheerfully.

Not long, the mahogany door opened again and in came a middle aged man together with a beautiful heart shaped faced woman.

“Mom! Dad!” Joshua called out. Ohhh, that’s his parents.

“Sorry for the late arrival,” the beautiful middle aged woman looked at me with a warm smile, “Hello there!” waving at me with glee. I waved back at her. “You must be Mikael, am I right?”

“Anais Mikael, nice meeting you Mrs. McWolfe.”

“ Please,” she chuckled lightly. “Call me Therese, and this is my husband James.” James gave me a genuine smile.

"I see you've tamed my boy Mikael." He said while chuckling lightly. I gave him a shy smile as I remembered Joshua almost begging for my approval of him being my MATE. Helen, Maud and Adelina must've seen it in my mind because they were also laughing.

‘They like you.’ Joshua thought.

‘How can you be so sure? You’re not a mind reader.’ I rolled my eyes at him and I heard James and Therese chuckle. But then Helen broke the silence when she stepped forward whilst James and Therese joined gran Dorothy at the Victorian couch.

“Now that you’ve met us all, I’d like to open the real reason why you are here.” Helen said whilst looking intently at me. I heard Adelina’s heels clicking against the floor as she walked toward me, smiling the whole time.

“We are going to blood bind you to Joshua,” she  added with glee.

‘Exciting isn’t it babe?’ Joshua silently commented, making me smile.

“Let us begin shall we?” Then Maud took 2 dragon goblets from the box on one of the side tables. The design itself is eye catching. Having the tail of the dragon twisted, forming the stem whilst its body and wings held the glass cup filled with red wine; overall making it look uncanny. Taking the goblets and placing it on the wooden table in the middle of the room, removing the globe that stood there. She gave me a nod, ushering me to come closer. The council, Gran Dorothy and Joshua’s parents on the other hand occupied the two large Victorian couches, all with smiles.

“Give me your hand.” Helen said as she came closer to me, holding a silver dagger. I half raised my hand, enough for her to reach and break my skin to get some blood for the spell.

My pulse? I wondered when she positioned the edge of the dagger directly on my pulse.

“The blood from your pulse has a direct connection with your heart; don’t worry though, a cut pulse will not harm you unlike an ordinary human.” Helen explained patiently. I clenched my fist as a sign that I was ready to be bled. Feeling my readiness, she immediately cut my skin with the dagger and grabbed one of the goblets and had it placed directly to where the blood was freely dropping. It did sting but true to her words, I didn’t die. After a minute, give or take, the bleeding stopped and the wound healed fast, leaving nothing but a trace of pink line. The same thing was done to Joshua and then we were requested to stand in front of each other, hands intertwined whilst having the goblets filled with wine and blood on the table in between us. Helen, Adelina and Maud took their positions beside us, hand in hand as they started the spell.

“Sanguis ligare. . . nunc et aeternum

Sapiunt nunc coniunctum . . . nunc et aeternum

Corda percutere ut . . . nunc et aeternum

Animas transverse . . . nunc et aeternum

Vinculum numquam irritum . . .

Nunc et aeternum . . .”

Ending it as we drank the wine containing the other’s blood. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------