Chapter 17 | Song of the Lost One

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related from Doctor Who; but I do wish maybe I could be one of the script writer in the future.

A/N: Hello! I am back. So, well. I don't know. I have nothing to say really, but there's something I decided to use the Gridlock episode and of course the consequences of the ending will be decided later. Maybe the changes won't be like by a lot of people, but then again I don't want to stick on the canon much and want to do my own thing. Of course there's nothing wrong on sticking to the canon.

That's all I guess.

0o0

Sam stared out the car window as Milo drove the car down, continuing to drop them through the rows of cars, heading steadily lower. He looked in awe at the sheer number of cars that filled the entire tube-shaped motorway, wondering how many cars out there and where the lane actually ends. Or how the people actually drive in all the gas.

"How many cars out there?" Sam asked in wonder.

"I don't think anyone knows," Cheen replied. She was rummaging around the car.

"Well then, how can you see where you're driving with that out there?"

"You're a curious one, are you?" Cheen smiled at him. She proceeds to explained. "Well, this display here shows all the cars in proximity." She pointed at the control panel as she looked back at Sam with surprise. "Haven't you ever been in a hover car before?"

Sam shook his head.

"Well, first time for everything I guess," Cheen replied to him. She offered up what looked like a pack of flat, round biscuits. "Here we go. Hungry?"

"Thank you." Sam said gratefully, taking one. He looked at in curiously. "How far down is it to this fast lane?"

"Oh, it's right at the bottom," Milo explained. "Underneath the traffic jam. But not many people can afford three passengers, so it's empty down there. Rumour has it you can reach up to thirty miles per hour."

Sam raised both eyebrows. "Great?"

"So, what are you doing out with that friend of yours then?" Cheen asked curiously. "What was it name, Doctor?"

Sam shrugged. "I met him at Christmas, he saved a thousand other people's and then I want to travel with him. He's brilliant and he travels through the universe saving lives. Although he got a bit of a gob sometimes. I just travel with him, well I guess I also wanted to help a bit."

"That sounds wonderful," Cheen commented wistfully. "Travelling like that, in your age, seeing the universe. I'd love to get out to see places like that."

Sam nodded, thinking the last adventure he had. "Yeah, it's great."

"Oh, another gap." Milo said happily. "This is brilliant!" He began to lower them, and a computerized voice called.

'Car sign in'

Sam peered at the monitor to see they were going down from level 38, heading towards level 42. Milo speaks to his walkie-talkie. "Car Four Six Five Diamond Six, on descent to the fast lane, thank you very much."

'Please drive safely.'

Milo and Cheen grinned excitedly, while Sam wondered where on the earth the Doctor was, and if he would ever be able to find him in all these cars. Milo and Cheen has been a delight but he needs to get out of here, and that would be much harder, especially considering how low they were going down; he didn't trust whatever down there, as if there was this dreadful feeling that they shouldn't even gone down there.