8

Hi! So before this chapter begins I just want to apologize for not updating this book for a while. I was on vacation for a while, and didn't have time to write much while I was there. I am going back to updating on Wednesday's now though, so hopefully that's some good news for you guys haha. Anyways, thank you all for being patient with updates. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Virgil was the first to arrive in the library later that day. He hadn't seen Patton in the halls, and assumed that he was still held up in class, going in without him and calling out for Logan.

"Hello, Virgil." Logan spoke somewhere in front of him, and after a moment Virgil could see him starting to appear.

"Wait," Virgil stopped him, holding out a hand. "It might be better if you don't.. Roman seemed really insistent on finding out what we were doing, and he knows we were meeting in here. I'm worried he might follow us."

Virgil saw Logan's hazy form disappear, and it was silent for a moment. "That is probably a lot safer. Good thinking, Virgil."

Virgil didn't know why his face burned at the compliment. He shrugged awkwardly, moving away from Logan to go sit at one of the library computers. "Thanks, I guess. I'm probably just being paranoid though."

"Better to be safe than sorry," Logan pointed out. "Do you know when Patton will be here?"

"He should be here anytime now," Virgil said, and right on time the library door swung open and an enthusiastic Patton entered the library. He made his way over to where Virgil was sitting, smiling at him as he took a seat next to him.

"Hey Virgil! Logan here?" He asked, glancing around.

"Virgil thought it would be safer if I stayed like this for today." Logan spoke for Virgil, Patton jumping and turning in the direction he heard Logan's voice. "Since Roman likes to get involved in other people's business, apparently."

"That's a smart idea!" Patton nodded over at Virgil, who once again shrugged it off.

"Just being safe. Anyways, are you two ready?" He asked, gesturing to the computer that he had signed into. The mood suddenly became a lot more serious as they all seemed to remember what they were supposed to be doing there. Patton nodded, moving closer to see the computer while still leaving room for Logan, who also answered that he was ready.

Virgil pulled up the internet, hands going to the keyboard and pausing. "I... What do I even search...?"

"You should probably start with my full name," Logan suggested. "Just type in Logan Sanders. Something is bound to come up."

Virgil did as instructed, typing quickly. After pressing enter the computer took some time to load, and in that time all three of them silently cursed the schools terrible WiFi. When it finally did load the three sat in silence for a moment, shocked at the amount of things that showed up. Multiple news articles all talking about Logan's mysterious death. Virgil scrolled down through a few of the results, stopping at one that seemed a little different from the rest of them.

"High School Student found dead, police suspect foul play."

Virgil looked behind him at Patton, both of them sharing a concerned look. Feeling a hand over his Virgil jumped, Logan moving his hand to click on the article. The website took a few moments to load, both Virgil and Patton turning back to read what came up. The three of them read it in silence, taking a few moments when they'd finished to process everything they had been.

"They thought... I was murdered?" Logan muttered to himself, Virgil looking in his direction.

"We still don't know if that's the case for sure," Virgil said, hoping he was being comforting. Finding out you could have been murdered was likely not a fun experience. "I mean... that's the first article we read, and there's so many more that don't even mention murder. Maybe the police ruled it out later on?"