5

"A ghost?" Patton laughed nervously, scanning his friends face for any sign that he was joking. That this was all some silly prank to laugh at. He could tell that Virgil was completely serious, and drew in a shaky breath. "A... a ghost. Alright. That's not at all terrifying..."

"I know," Virgil muttered, looking down. "It is a little weird.. but he's not gonna hurt you or anything. He really is my friend."

"You're friends with a ghost," Patton frowned, thinking it over. "That's... still weird, but... anyways, how did you even meet Logan? I would be terrified if I met a ghost. Well... I guess I already proved that."

"I was scared too. Which was really just funny, because we met when he gave me an answer to my homework." Virgil couldn't stop the grin that formed at the memory, holding back a laugh. "But he was actually pretty cool. Well, he's a nerd so not really cool, but nice. Ow-" Virgil rubbed his side, glaring at the space beside of him.

"You... can you see him?" He asked, looking to the spot Virgil had just been glaring at.

"No, but I definitely felt him elbow me for calling him a nerd." Virgil shook his head, sighing. "He can make himself appear for people, he just doesn't like to. We've been friends for a while though, so..."

"Oh," Patton said, a little disappointment in his voice. "So... does that mean I'll probably never see him?"

"That's up to him, I guess." Virgil shrugged, looking at the space beside of him again curiously. "Uh, I don't think so, though."

"I wouldn't mind," Logan spoke up for the first time and Patton couldn't help but flinch. He hadn't expected it, and it only confirmed he hadn't been seeing things earlier. There really was something there. Someone, he corrected himself. The ghost was still a person.

"I... you don't have to," Patton quickly assured. "I'm just a little curious. I don't... this is hard to understand, really. I can barely believe this is actually happening."

"I understand," Logan said calmly. "I truly do not mind. It just... takes me a while."

Patton watched in awed silence as something started happening in front of him. He looked to Virgil to see what he was doing, finding him looking completely calm as he looked between the space next to him and Patton. Patton turned back to where Logan was, now seeing a figure there that resembled a human. It took a while longer, but eventually Patton could see Logan entirely.

"I... this is really happening, isn't it?" Patton mumbled, looking over Logan. The ghost was holding his head strangely, but Patton didn't really think anything of it. After all, it was far from being the weirdest thing he had seen that day. "This isn't like, some weird dream or prank.... this is real!"

"Pat?" Virgil asked, stepping closer to his friend to put an arm on his shoulder hesitantly. "Are... are you okay? I-if you want to leave then I... I get it. I'm sorry if this has freaked you out..."

Patton looked up at his friend, just watching silently for a few moments. He took notice of the way Virgil appeared to make himself smaller, slouching down and using his hoodie to hide. Patton could tell he was worried-Virgil probably thought that he might leave, or think he was weird. Patton suddenly felt guilty. He looked from Virgil over to Logan, who was standing back and still holding his forehead, watching the pair. Patton looked back to Virgil and sighed, offering a tiny, nervous smile.

"I'm okay. It's just... new. That's all." He tried to reassure Virgil while also calming himself down. "I'm not going to leave. Promise."

Virgil seemed to calm down a little at that, returning Patton's smile with a small one of his own. He turned back to look at Logan and Patton did the same, watching them as they seemed to have a silent conversation right in front of him. After a few moments Logan looked back at Patton.