21

Chapter warnings: guns, blood, mentions of death. As another warning: This is the final chapter. There will be an epilogue following shortly. Huge thanks to my girlfriend Winchester_At_Heart for reading this ahead of time and making sure it was good lmao.

Hey! Before this chapter I'd just like to mention that I recently set up a patreon account. I could really use some money, and it'd be awesome if I could make some through writing since writing is the thing I'm most passionate about! You don't have to feel obligated to of course, but I would greatly appreciate the support. The link to my patreon is in the description on my account. Thanks to anyone who considers it, and of course just thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy the chapter. ^•^

"Wait..." Patton broke the silence after Christopher had finished explaining what exactly took place on the day that Logan died. "You told? Your dad knows what happened?"

Christopher gave a hesitant nod of his head, sniffling as more apologies spilled from his lips, the terror still not leaving his voice.

"But if your dad knows-" Patton started.

"Then why does no one else?" Virgil finished, meeting the eyes of the person who had murdered his best friend. More than friend? Virgil shook those thoughts off-that wasn't important right now.

"I wanted to tell," Christopher admitted, staring back at the floor again. The floor in front of the stall they now knew Logan had died in. "I really wanted everyone to know I did it. Especially when I saw how torn up your family was..." He looked back up, his eyes full of tears and sincerity meeting Logan's. "I really, really wanted to. But my dad-my dad said I couldn't."

At that moment the group heard the bathroom door behind them slam opened. Logan quickly disappeared, also releasing his hold on Christopher while the living students all whirled around to see what was going on, shocked and scared to find Christopher's dad Lee was there, and he looked angry.

"I knew you kids were up to something," Lee snarled as he stepped inside, hand resting on his belt. He looked towards Christopher next, glaring at him. "And you. I told you to stay away from here. I knew it'd just cause us both trouble."

"We know what you did." Virgil blurted out, staring Lee down nervously. He somehow made his way in front of his friends, trying to act as a shield in case something happened. Normally he would find his bravery in this moment odd, but right now his mind was too preoccupied with other things to think about that. "You helped cover up the murder of an innocent teenager."

"Yes well, good for you." Lee remarked, taking a step closer to Virgil, his fingers curled around his gun. "So, what do you want? Will money keep your mouths shut?"

"We don't want anything except for justice for Logan and his family who never found out what happened to him!" Patton exclaimed from behind Roman, who was also guarding him from Lee.

"We want both of you to rot away in a jail cell." Roman added on, glaring at the man who glared right back at the three of them.

Lee studied each of them for a moment, eying Virgil especially. Just as Virgil was about to take a step away from the man in front of him a hand was grabbing at the collar of his hoodie, roughly tugging him towards Lee and choking him in the process. Virgil's hands scrambled to pull Lee's away from him, heart thundering in his chest as he tried to get away. He stopped abruptly at the feeling of cool metal resting against his forehead, his whole body seeming to go cold but not from the comforting presence of Logan this time.

"Alright then. How about this-you don't tell anyone what you heard here today... and your friend gets to go home safely. And if you ever do try to say something later..." Lee pressed the gun harder against Virgil's forehead, not needing to say anything else for them to get the picture.