The path ahead

Georgia -

He certainly baffled me with his typical 'Zak words' but there was nothing else on earth that I enjoyed more. The feeling of his arms wrapped so tight around me was so calming. I felt my heart flutter slightly whilst thinking about my current situation. I suddenly forgot who I was latching onto. This guy was big, certainly in the paranormal world. He had fans, admirers, people who adored him completely. And there was me, some farm girl who'd never even been outside of England, who'd never had her heart broken or fallen in love and who was now in the arms of this paranormal God! 'How did I get here?' I thought. My tears had finally stopped drowning my vision. It was like I'd finally reached my heaven, my utopia. It was too late to deny the emotions I had for Zak. I'd fallen for him.

We laid there in his car, holding each other, listening to our heartbeats. Until we heard "Zak! We're going to be late for the plane if you don't hurry up!" Nick was shouting from outside of the car, tapping on the window. Zak shot up in surprise. Nick was standing there, waving Zak to come over. "Aaah shit. I best see what he wants" he peered through the window. He'd just opened the car door when I heard Nick say "come on now. The plane leaves in an hour, its going to take half of that for us to get to the airport" impatiently, Nick opened the door further and started loading equipment into the back of Zak's car. "God, Nick, at least let me say goodbye to her" he started getting agitated. "Yes, sorry. Bye Georgia. Thanks for everything you've done and what an amazing place" Nick had his hands together like he was praying or worshipping me. "Its…fine" I couldn't get to grips with what was going on. "What, Zak, you're leaving? Now?" I climbed out of the car door. "Now, Zak! Before it's too late" Nick started throwing the equipment in the van. "Woah dude!" Aaron cried.

"Aaron start the van!" Nick chucked him the keys and jumped in the passenger seat.

It was all happening too soon. I couldn't grab Zak to say goodbye. "Zak! Billie's taking your car. His flights later" his arm was hanging out of the van window, waving Zak towards them. "Why can't I leave la-"

"No time dude! Come on!!" I was looking up at Zak, wondering what his next move was going to be. He looked down at me and back at the crew. Almost as if he was hesitating whether to stay. The van started up. "Bye Georgia" he leant in and whispered in my ear. Both hands grabbed my waist and he pulled me towards him. The tips of our noses touched. I flung my arms around his neck and kissed him with every bit of effort I owned. Both Aaron and Nick were watching in amazement. Our lips gradually parted as I looked up at him. His eyes were still closed. "Promise me you'll come back?," I looked him dead in the eye. I needed reassurance. "I….I..-" he stuttered. "Promise me, Zak" I mimed as I witnessed him climbing into the truck and closing the door. Oh shit, not again. My tears started falling, fast. "Him?" Aaron said silently whilst jabbing a thumb in Zak's direction. I nodded with pride and watched the van reverse. Zak was looking at me with soppy puppy eyes through the open window. I could see him nervously twisting the ring on his thumb.

"Bye guys" my words could hardly escape. I waved them off. The white van started to disappear into a cloud of dust which was illuminated by the sun's rays.

The breeze brought a chill to my cheeks as it blew on my tears. I wiped them away a turned to head home when I heard "you've got him real bad" the voice made me jump and I couldn't tell where it was coming from. "Huh?" I answered.

The voice appeared along with a body "he's had attachments and demonic possessions but nothing has affected him like the way you've affected him"

"Billy?" I could only guess. "Yeah, I've gotta take Zak's car back. Thought I'd say goodbye to the place" Billy had his hand on the pillar of the farmhouse, rubbing it. "Anyway. Best set off and catch up with the other guys. Thank you, Georgia" he stepped inside of Zak's car and started the ignition. "Do you think I'll ever see him again?" I asked in hope.

"This is Zak we're talking about. Everything's a surprise with him" he pushed down the handbrake and started to roll back. "Is that a no then?"

"No. It's a 'get ready for a surprise' surprise" he winked and headed off down the dirt track. The engine roared and once again I was left standing there, dusting off my clothes, on my own.