It was just that once

Zak -

Deep down I knew that Nick would find Georgia with me, I just kept telling myself 'You've got this'. Losing control of the situation was the last thing I wanted. Two hours after speaking to Aaron, I'd arranged to speak with Nick and had planned to do so at a coffee shop; far from Georgia. He called me minutes before our meet up...

"Zak, where are you?" he started.

"Just leaving the hotel. Why?" was he there already? I was just about to leave when I heard "Look behind you" so I turned. Nick was standing there, still on the phone. We both hung up but I couldn't hide the look of surprise. "You look shocked to see me" he opened his arms out wide "well?". I charged towards him and gave him a hug "S'up G" he laughed at the two of us behaving like long-lost brothers. I wanted to tell him about my time with Georgia, so bad but I knew what he'd say.

"C'mon there's a coffee bar in the hotel I'm staying at" Nick directed. I turned to head the direction that he'd just come from but he jabbed a thumb at the place where I was staying. "Here?" my voice squeaked.

"I know right. Same hotel dude" it was evident that Nick didn't notice the look of horror on my face, he just passed me into the main lobby. "What you having? Your usual?" we'd found a table far from the main doors, anything to avoid attention. "Nah, man. I'm good" I faked my attitude just so that he wouldn't pick up on anything suspicious. Knowing Georgia was just two floors above us was making me nervous and fidgety. Nick returned with an espresso. "Zak, you've missed out on one hell of a week" he started reeling off the stories of him and the crew whilst I sat there, fighting the temptation. "- and then Aaron said to the cleaner 'Do I get a discount?' I just cried" he was creasing at his story whereas I was struggling to force a smile.

"Ha good ol' Aaron" I joked. Nick dropped his smile and began stirring his drink. His eyes lowered and his mood changed completely. "How is she?" he asked with a deep tone. My head whipped up with delight when I recognised the change in subject. "Huh?" I went along with my game.

"Georgia. How is she?" his head stayed down but he looked up now and then. I wanted to burst out with every damn thing possible but I steadied myself. "She's... she's good, yeah" I held back.

"Is that it? Just...good?" his words suggested interest but his body language was disagreeing. Still, I continued to act casual with the whole thing. I looked around the room and shrugged "Well her business is doing good. She's made a whole lot of progress" he nodded and carried on stirring but it was clear that it wasn't registering. "She here? Now?" he stopped stirring but kept his head down. My gut stabbed and twisted as he said it. My skin began to burn as the blood surged to my face "No, no. She thought it best to stay back there. Didn't want to get in the way and all" anyone would be able to spot me lying but for some reason, Nick didn't.

"Nice of her. I take it Aaron told you about the 'intruder' the other day?" he quoted with his fingers. I remembered, how could I forget? I'd been distracted. "Yeah. He mentioned it" my throat was tight.

"I'd keep an eye out for that woman. She's a shit stirrer" he leaned forward across the table "You know she's here, don't you?" he whispered.

"What as in...here?" I looked behind and side to side. The place was packed.

"I don't think so but I know she's in this area" Nick got up and picked up his coat "I'm warning you Zak, women can screw up your life" he drank the remainder of his espresso and chucked on his coat. I looked up wondering if he'd found out. "You mess up dude and you're on your own. I'll call you" and he was gone. When ever I was in need of saving, I'd hide my face in my hands and my troubles would see themselves off. This time, no one but myself could solve my issues. I waited and waited until I could think of a way out of this but it was getting late and Georgia had been in that hotel room all day.