Chapter 5

Heading down to the common room with the rest of my house, I broke off heading to my rooms causing several of the first years to gasp. Rolling my eyes, I whispered the password and watched the snakes on the portrait "wake up" and move allowing me entrance. Looking at the room I smiled, loving that Hogwarts was kind enough to keep it the same as last year.

Heading to the bathroom, I stripped quickly as the bath filled. Stepping into the steaming waters, I sighed as the warmth soothed my muscles. Perks of being a parsletongue, I get full access to the Slytherin Heir room and bath.

Yawning, I quickly moved through the rest of my routine. Realizing that Hogwarts had restocked the Amortentia Shampoo and Body Wash that Sev makes for me. Casting a temptus, I let it sit, closing my eyes and relaxing as it cleansed my hair. Hearing the alarm, I dove into the water, letting it rinse out before finishing with my grandfather's hair straightening conditioner. 

Rinsing a final time, I climbed down, spelling my hair and body dry before diving into the sheets. 

Light flooded into the room causing me to squint as I woke. Flicking my wrist, the blinds closed allowing me to open my eyes. Reaching over, I grabbed my water glass, quickly chugging it and got out of bed. Shivering at how cold the dungeons are in the morning, I lit the fireplace, standing in front of it a moment before moving to go get dressed. 

Stepping into the closet, I vanished my pajamas, slipping on my skirt and a bra. Pulling out my jewelry box, I slipped my snake belly button ring in before throwing on the rest of my uniform. Moving over to the vanity, I slipped my Mary Janes on, settling in the chair. Gently brushing through my hair, I threw it up into a bun, using my want to hold it into place. Throwing on some light makeup, and some false lashes, I grabbed my backpack. 

Walking out of the common room, I noticed the first years watching me as I passed. Rolling my eyes at the nosy children, I nodded to the upperclassmen. Nearing the Great Hall, I flared my magic, flinging the doors open. I winced at the sound the doors created, having used too much magic when opening the doors. Everyone turned to stare at me as I walked in, following me as I sat at the Slytherin Table.

Glancing at the head table, I noticed Sev smirking slightly and Quirrell staring at me. Furrowing my brow, I gently reached out my magic. My eyes widened as it reached Quirrell's flickering with familiarity. I could feel protectiveness and possessiveness radiating off the magic. He winked at me, eyes flashing a familiar crimson.

Sev came down from the head table, pulling schedules out of his robe pockets. Thanking him, I opened mine, noticing I had DADA first thing today. Grabbing a slice of toast, I stood, leaving the Great Hall. I heard footsteps following me, a familiar power radiating through the halls. I smiled, entering the DADA room and found a seat at the back of the classroom. Quirrell came in next, setting a note on my desk before heading to his. 

I quickly opened the note.

Dear Miss Potter, I have something of importance to speak with you about. Do meet me at the Seventh Floor Corridor, by the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy promptly after dinner. -QQ

Glancing at Quirrell, I noticed he was looking at me and gave a short nod. Placing the note in my bookbag, students began pouring into the room. 

***************************

After dinner, I made my way to the Seventh Floor. I noticed Quirrell waiting nervously. Clearing my throat, he turned with a smile and began pacing in front of the wall. A door formed in its place, and he waved me over, entering the room. 

Walking in, I first noticed how similar to the Slytherin Common Room it was. From the fireplace to the couches and drapery, it was nearly identical. 

"To begin, please just call me Cassi. I can't stand being associated with my little brother. But that is a tale for a different time. What is it that you needed to speak to me about?" I questioned.

"I don't know exactly how to word this, so I'll just let him explain." Quirrell stated, eyes flashing crimson again as he began undoing his turban. Turning his back to me, I saw his head moving. It began forming a face. One that looked all too familiar yet distant. 

Tears threatened to spill as I got up, moving closer. Reaching a handout, I stopped myself before I could touch. Seeing the look in his eyes, tears began to spill.

"Tom? Please, please tell me that this is real and not some cruel prank." I pleaded. 

He smiled sadly, nodding, "I'm real Cass. I swear, I swear I would never lie to you." He promised. 

"What happened? What happened to your body? Tom, what happened 11 years ago?" I asked, worry flooding my voice as tears streamed down my face. 

He sighed, glancing at me as tears began forming in his own eyes, "When I fired the killing curse at your brother, and your mother cast herself between myself and him, she created a blood protection ward. I was unable to touch him, figuratively and literally. When I cast the curse at him, it rebounded, hitting me and effectively killing me. I am only alive because of the Horcruxes I created prior."

"How does one create a horcrux? It's the separation of your soul correct; I believe I read about it somewhere in the Dark Arts section of the Potter Ancestral Library." I pondered. 

He laughed, looking at me, "Of course you would know. Intentional and unremorseful killing tears the soul, however, to place it in the desired object, you must speak the spell.".

Cursing, I stood and began pacing, "By that description, I believe you unintentionally made Harry a horcrux. After mother cast herself in front of him, creating the blood protection, and you tried firing the killing curse; it would have caused your soul to become unstable. And because it had nowhere to go, as you failed to direct it, it created Harry's scar. It would explain why it still looks fresh despite being 11 years old.". 

"That is possible, however it would cause issue." He glanced at the clock, cursing, "You need to go, we've been here far too long. You need to go to sleep, I've seen your schedule, you have a full day tomorrow.". I nodded, standing and heading back towards the Slytherin Common Room.