The Cabin of Legends

This was from another one of my classes. Enjoy.
🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️
"I'm kinda glad I cut my knee with a machete. It got me out of carrying wood scraps to the burn pile." Tal remaked, motioning to his bandanna-wrapped knee.

"What good did I get out of it? Five ticks and feeling like snakes were slithering out of the hay and across my boots. Fun!" TJ complained sarcastically. He then takes off to thier dog, Bean, to steer him away from the mud puddle he was about to jump into.

The brothers walk on, losing track of time. It is only when the familiar orange glow through the pine trees catches thier attention they realize they should be arriving back at the cabin around this time.

"We have to get back to the cabin!" TJ exclaimed. As soon as he said that, they're met with a noise.

This was easily the weirdest noise they've heard. It sounded like a pack of wolves devouring a newborn deer alive. There was howling mixed with the sounds of a wounded animal. The twins have heard and seen a lot of weird things happen in Jefferson County, but this took the cake.

Bean then took off, being spooked by the sound. He ran ahead of them, his fur disappearing into the dimly lit trees. This immeadiantly sends the two boys into panic mode.

They call his name over and over again but can't find him. They are beginning to lose hope after a half an hour passes.

TJ sits on a log, but falls through. But this turned out to be a good thing.

"Tal. . . I think this is a paw print." TJ said, tracing the outline. He takes his key ring out and turns on the mini flashlight. "It is."

Tal walks over. "It could be Bean's. It could also be from a coyote or a wolf." He then takes out his key ring and turns on the flashlight. "There's a trail." The light beam travels up ahead and there are more paw prints.

"Let's follow them." TJ clicks his flashlight off. "We should probably use one flashlight at a time, just to save battery."

Tal nods. By the time they find the last prints, it is almost dark and one of thier flashlights have burned out.

They scan the area for any other signs of Bean. Tal's eyes fall on a light in the distance. He begins to walk towards towards the light.

TJ runs up to him. He opens his mouth, but then he sees the light too. Without speaking, the twins gravitate to the light.

The light is from a candle in an ancient cabin. Both boys recognize it as the Cabin of Legends.

The Cabin of Legends is rumored to be home to generations of witches. TJ and Tal were always skeptical of the legends, but seeing it in real life made them question thier beliefs. They hear a dog bark from inside followed by a hiss.

Tal knocks on the door. A girl answers. She has dark curly carmel hair and sea blue eyes. She wears ripped black jeans, a grey tank top, and a moon necklace. Despite the simplicity, she had a radiation of power.

TJ has to nudge Tal, who lost his voice for a minute. "Um. . . we have seemed to lost our dog, he's a collie. We've been looking for him for awhile, we just wanted to know if you've seen him anywhere."

The girl nods. "Follow me," she said in an angelic voice. "I think I found him."

The twins follow the girl into the basement. It smelled like wet dogs, fur, pet food, and held a hint of blood. They decided not to ask. A dog barked from another room. The girl opened the door.

There was a wall that was filled with books. It had titles such as Spells for Beginners and Best Remedies. There was a culdron and a staff in a corner. There was also a black cloak. There was also a bed with a dog on it. But it wasn't just any dog, it was Bean.

"I can use a spell and whisk you back home. These woods can come alive at night." Both boys eagerly agreed.

Five minutes later, they were given a magical tablet. They wrote wherever they wanted to go, blinked three times, and they would be there. A lot of things have happened that night, so they weren't surprised.

They swallowed the tablet and wrote The Cabin. A smoke filled the room.

When they opened thier eyes, a light shone up ahead, but TJ and Tal knew it was thier cabin. The headed up the steps, wondering how to explain what happened in the past two hours.