A Vivid Landscape

I struggle to warm my hands with the crackling of the fire. The rain continues its study pitter-patter. LIghtning and thunder sing as a symphony, the sky being there stage. As I look around my cave walls I wonder if people once drew on them. For now it will be my home, my shelter, from the outside world. The pine trees look like Christmas trees every time a lightning bolt strikes. Some may deem it pretty but I've never liked storms. I don't even like the woods but here I am all alone at night in a cave with no idea of how to get back. All I wanted to do was paint.

An idea hits me as lightning strikes again. Maybe I can still do what I came here for. I set up my supplies at the mouth of the cave and my fingers work furiously. They capture the dancing lightning under the spotlight of the moon. The smell of wet pine is now comforting. The trees make the lightning bolt glowing as if it were a crack of the whip. With the view on a canvas I feel calmer. Maybe I can make it through the stormy night.
⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
I went to a writing workshop from my school and this is what I wrote for the prompt. It's shorter, but we had an allotted time on each station. I have one more to share from today.