War of Life

Around here, everyone has a story about the war. We are in the underworld but just because we're dead doesn't mean we forget. A battle some don't recognize is the battle of Life with everyone fighting for themselves and allies. Sooner or later we're victoms because nothing lasts forever. But even if you lose the battle you can win the war.

Ever since I died around a century ago I've talked to a few people. There was a teenage boy who was cyber bullied so badly he took his own life. He says he's happier now, and no one will miss him since his entire family was murdered in Rio. There was a man in a Toga who died when Pompeii woke up. He felt that life as a slave was no way to live and he is free in the afterlife. There was this young girl, no taller than five feet who ran away from her master during the civil war. She was able to reunite with her brother. He was missing an arm but they were together, alive, and free.

There are some who still aren't at peace. They wander aimlessly trying to cheat death. Some have escaped the doors but find their way back sooner or later and try again. But the doors are closed and that isn't an option anymore. It's hard to communicate down here with so many languages so if you come up with a plan you usually carry it out solo. Sometimes someone from the living will try to help but they end up here too. They lose.

We all play parts in other people's war. We have our own versions of their story. Some play bigger roles than others. Everyone fights a daily battle in the War of life. How you react can determine whether you win or lose.