Mummy

Chris began to question the wisdom of this trip.

Was it wise to go into an acient tomb and try to find an prince who has been dead for thousands of years? Without any knowledge of the traps lurking inside but with the knowledge that no one has ever returned? It sounded unrational, but Chris has always had a passion to find the lost prince after her parents disappeared after trying to find the tomb.

Chris put her hair in two space buns and put on cargo pants. She tucked her tank top into the pants and put on an army jacket. Seeing that she was done, she walked outside to the Egyptian heat. In front of her was the pyramids of Giza.

One of them would hold the lost prince and her parents, most likely dead.

Chris tried to push that thought out of her brain. There was a strange magic about the tomb. She adjusted her backpack and walked into the tomb.

Taking out her notebook, she went down a list of all possible traps. A false floor with a deadly drop, a false wall, or a bulder falling on top of Chris and crushing her. All delightful ways to die.

But she was one of the acrcarchaeologists there was, and she could get out breathing.

She trucked on, keeping tabs on everything so she could find her way out. She reached a wall that had one of the Prince's symbols on it. It was the ankh. She knocked some rocks around to see if anything would happen. When she kicked a glossy looking one, something did.

Chris heard the sound of rocks crunching and she backed up against a wall that fell through. As she fell, she saw a bulder fall to the ground. But the wall wasn't just any wall, it was fake and Chris was hanging on for dear life.

She felt exhausted already and almost lost her backpack. What she did lose was her notes, falling through the black aybass.

Grunting, she got back to where the bulder was and carried on. In the fall her ankle had turned and she felt a pain shot up her leg with every step. But she had to find the prince and possibly her parents.

For another hour or two, she walked on, searching for anything that might lead to the prince. She looked out for the ankh, but never found another. Becoming desperate, she opened a random door with the Eye of Ra on it.

It was another burial chamber. There were bags of rusty gold coins, as well as wine and meat. She walked to the carcass, which was strangely open to the stuffy air.

Chris studied the mummy. It was still wrapped in the linen cloths, now a light brown color from all the dust sitting upon it. It had a necklace with the eye of Ra on it, an the mummy also held a sword. Engraved on the handle was the ankh symbol.

She had found the lost prince.

She took out a notebook and quickly began to describe the room, her pencil moving at lightning speed. She was so deep in thought that she didn't notice the sound at first.

"What are you doing disturbing my slumber, little girl?" A deep voice said.

Chris's eyes widened. That couldn't be a tomb robberer, she and the prince were the only ones in the room.

She turned around and was face to face with a young man dressed in ancient Egyptian clothes. The fanciness screamed his rank. He was Pharaoh a long time ago before he died of a poisoning.

"I am Prince Gunimarah, Pharaoh of Egypt."

"Ive heard about you. You were the biggest enigma anyone in ancient Egypt has ever seen."

Guni's eyes narrow at me. I think my knife is in my left sock. "I was the best ruler Egypt ever had. You will feel the wrath of my army."

Yeah, Chris thought, we love a pharaoh who enslaved his own people if he was having a bad day.

The Pharaoh's arms were raised and a loud wind surrounded him. The tomb began to rumble.

But nothing happened. It suddenly stopped. The only thing that comes alive was a little dog. Or a mummified dog, if you want specifics.

The prince looking a little red in the face, but recovered quickly. "Follow Bones out of the tomb. He will show you the quickest way. If not, you will be trapped.

Bone didn't take five steps before the tomb collapsed, crushing Chris.