Chapter 11: Questions

~Major time skip of ten years brought to you by the Kogane family~

Lance's POV

It had been a ten years since we revealed ourselves to each other in the agency, eight years since the war had ended and five since me and Keith started dating.

Yep, you read that right, me and the hot headed Mullet started dating around five years ago, and today I planned on proposing to him tonight.

I had everything planned out, I was to take him back to the Balmera, where we had out first date, then we're going to head to the park to stargaze for a while, then finally I'm taking him to the roof of our apartment building, which was cleaned up and decorated thanks to the help of Shiro, Matt and Pidge, where I'll pull out the ring as fireworks go off asking him to marry me. I had everything planned out to a T so nothing could possibly go wrong.

~Another time skip brought to you by Keith's space wolf~

I had asked Shay to give us the booth we had on our first date so when we got to the restaurant we sat down almost immediately.

"This place looks familiar," Keith commented when we sat down.

"I hope so, this is where we had or first date, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, I remember," he gave me a small smile that still melted my heart to this day.

A waiter came to our table and we ordered our drinks and food. When he left we just talked for a little.

After a while I was starting to wonder where our food was, we had our drinks but it had been nearly an hour since we ordered. Suddenly the smoke detectors went off and the manager came out telling us to please evacuate the building, a fire had started and they were having trouble putting it out.

Since our dinner was destroyed we decided to go to the park to look at stars, hopefully this will go a lot better than it did at the restaurant.

Nope, when we got to the park a gang of thugs were sitting at the perfect spot to stargaze, Keith tried to tell me that there were other places to stargaze but that place was the best, not to mention it was in a beautiful spot.

I went up to the leader to try and get them away from the spot but they wouldn't budge and they were getting sick of me yelling at them so they started a fight. It only ended after one of them pulled out a knife, which was when Keith decided to intervene and pull me away, I was badly beat up so Keith dragged me back to the apartment to fix me up.

After he bandaged me up, I dragged Keith up to the roof, only to find the decorations destroyed and the place to look like a dump once again, and to make matters worse it was raining, which meant the fireworks were ruined.

I groan and place my face into my palms, "This night was a disaster."

"C'mon Lance, it wasn't that bad."

"No, no! I wanted this night to be perfect, I wanted this to be the night you never forgot," I pull out the ring, "I was going to ask you to marry me as fireworks went off in the distance but-"

"You were going to ask me to marry you?" Keith cut me off. I froze. Shit!

"W-well, yeah, I mean, you've put up with my shit for years, you were there for me when my dad died, you comforted me when I shut out the rest of the world, you've stuck with me through thick and thin and just always been there," I looked down trying to hold in my tears.

"Yes."

"What?" I looked up, what did he just say?

"I said yes." I looked at him with confused eyes.

He sighed exasperated and rolled his eyes.

"I'm saying yes, I will marry you."

"R-really?"

"No, I'm just being ass, of course really!!"

This was when I started crying, I ran up to Keith and kissed him on the lips.

Pulling away I took the ring out of the box and put it on his finger. We were now engaged, and I couldn't be happier.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I nearly just had a heart attack, I thought I deleted this whole page and had to rewrite it, but thankfully I didn't have to.

Peace out women, men and those in between. ✌