Chapter 12: A Wedding

Song: For The Dancing And The Dreaming- How To Train Your Dragon 2

I strongly encourage you guys to listen to the song. It'll help set the mood for this chapter and future one.
---------------------------------------------------------
No POV

It was the day of the wedding and everyone was excited. As of the moment, everyone was waiting for Keith to walk down the isle.

"Where is he?" Keith asked impatiently looking around for Shiro, he was going to walk Keith down, but he was no where to be found.

Keith waited for Shiro for what felt like hours, in reality it was a minute or two, when he heard someone behind him.

"I hope I'm not to late," said a mysterious voice.

Keith quickly turned around, startled by the sudden voice, and calmed down when he saw who it was.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I'm here to walk you down the isle," Krolia stated simply. She was wearing a magenta dress that flowed out near the bottom.

"But, I thought Shiro was walking me?"

"Would you rather have Shiro than me?" Krolia said in a feined hurt tone.

"NO! No, it's just I didn't think you would make it," Keithsaid looking down at his feet.

Krolia chuckled, "Honey, I would never miss something as important as your wedding," she walked closer to her son and put her hand on his cheek, "You look so handsome, Keith. Your father would be so proud."

Keith pulled his mother into a hug. "We should probably go down now."

Nodding, Krolia interlocked her arm with her son's and took him down.

Keith was speechless when he looked at the sight in front of him. Lance was standing at the alter, waiting for his husband to be, Coran was also at the altar ready to wed them off. Hunk, Matt and one of Lance's brothers were of to his left, his groomsmen. Keith looked to his side of the altar to see Pidge, Allura and Shay waiting for him, his bridesmaids.

Keith saw Shiro sitting with his husband, Adam, near the front. Shiro gave Keith a proud smile when they locked eyes. Keith couldn't contain the giddy smile that slithered it's way onto his face.

Finally, after what felt like eternity, Krolia and Keith made it to the altar. Before Krolia handed off her son she kissed his forehead and shot Lance a warning glare. Lance gulped in fear. Keith chuckled under his breath at his husband-to-be's face.

"Ahem. Dearly beloved," Coran started, "we are gathered here today to witness the bonding of life between these two lovely men..." Lance stopped listening as Coran spoke on, he got lost in the deep purple of Keith's eyes. And Keith was lost in Lance's sea blue ones. Lance was snapped back when Coran asked for his speech.

Grabbing the ring from Hunk, Lance grabbed Keith's hand and spoke, "Keith, when I was younger I would dream nonstop about my wedding in the future. I always pictured a beautiful woman in a long glowing dress standing across from me, but I eventually stopped dreaming of it. As I grew older it seemed to just grow farther and farther away from my reach. Who'd want to marry lover boy Lance? The boy who flirted with every girl. The boy who always ended up as the third wheel. The boy who could never hold a relationship to save his life. After a while, my dream of a beautiful wedding vanished. Then, I met you. You put up with me no matter what I did. You always made me feel like I belonged with the group. When we started dating the dreams came back, but instead of a woman standing with me at the altar, it was you. All I can say now is, thank you, for eveything. I guess, we are a good team."

Keith's eyes, which were watering, widened at the last sentence. "You do remember, you little shit!" Everyone who had known and worked with the two chuckled as they understood what they meant.

"*sniff* That-that was beautiful," Lance and Keith turned to Coran, who looked like he was trying not to cry. "Ok," Coran's voice cracked, "*cough* Keith, your turn."

Keith looked at Coran in amusement before taking the ring from Pidge and grabbing Lance's hand. He cleared his throat and began, "Lance McClain. *deep sigh* Ever since I was young, I was alone. My mother disapeared when I was a baby, my father died when I was young. It seemed like if I got close to anyone, they'd leave. That made me put up a protective barrier whenever I met someone new. It took Shiro and Adam years just for me to trust them completely. But when I met you, you just melted my heart right away. I felt something I had never felt before and it scared me; this was a new feeling and I didn't know how to act on it. So, I acted like a jerk to you. It also didn't help that you blamed me for something I had no idea happened," Keith chuckled before he continued, "You changed me Lance. You changed a lot, and for the better. I couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather spend my life with than you." By this point a few tears were streaming down Lance's face as he grinned wide at Keith.

"Oh, quiznack," a muffled croak was heard from Coran. It seemed that he was moved by both speeches, he was close to tears. He tried to collect himself but Coran couldn't hold it. "Lance, do you take Keith to be your law-huh, husband?" Coran tried to say but failed.

Lance laughed quietly under his breath before he looked at Keith, "I do."

"And Keith, you?" Coran's voice went a pitch higher.

"I do!"

"Then with the power vested in me, by the beacon Voltron, I know pronounce you Husband and...husband. Just kiss already," and with that Coran broke down.

Lance grabbed Keith's face and smashed his lips upon the others. Neither of the could believe it, they were now officially married. Life was fine.

Bonus:

"Am I glad Coran didn't officiate our wedding," Adam whispered to his husband as he watched the gingered male bawl his eyes out. The comment made Shiro laugh in amusement.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello again guys! Sorry for the long ass wait, I had kinda lost interest in the fandom and show, I haven't seen season 7 or 8 yet. But I finally got some inspiration to wright so here ya go! The next few chapters will be out soon seeing as this one just needed to be finished.

Also, this book is coming to a close soon. After this, there will only be three chapter left.

Anyways, peace out women, men and those in between✌