Part 3- A love triangle

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 3- A love triangle

Sharad's family enters

Naina: Sharad what are you doing here? I have told you so many times that I'm not interested in you, so please take your family, and go from here.

Sharad: Your my fiancee Naina, so I have more rights over you than him. Besides, just one look at you, and I'm already in love. Please just become mine, and I promise you we will live a luxurious life together.

Sameer puts Naina behind him

Sameer: Your only engaged, you've not actually married her, and Naina dosen't believe in one sided love. It takes two people to love one another, and hold on you can't just take her away from me, Naina loves me only, and she can never become yours. We've known each other long enough, and I'm sure she is not comfortable with you.

Sharad: Let Naina speak, I'm sure she has a mouth of her own.

Sharad drags Naina towards him, and forcefully holds her arm

Naina: Let go of me. Is this what you call love? Sharad, your hurting me.

Sharad: What about me, your doing the same as well, your dad chose me for you, so that means, I'm a great choice in his eyes.

Naina: Is my dad marrying you, or am I? The decision of elders can be wrong sometimes for example like this?

Preeti, Swathi and Munna, and Pandit pulls thier arms apart.

Swathi: How dare you hurt my best friend? Love isn't an obsession, but you have to earn it just like Sameer did. No wonder, your mentality is so low.

Munna: Learn something from Sameer, he's only tolerating this, because Naina is here, or else he would have beaten you up into pulp, for  manhandling Naina.

Sharad: Don't tell me what to do, and it's better if you all stay out from this.

Naina: Don't you dare say anything about my friends or my Sameer, or else I will forget who you really are. You really don't deserve me, and your not the man of my dreams.

Naina runs to Sameer

Naina: Sameer please take me away from here.  Your family has agreed right, so what's the problem?

Sameer: Naina try to understand, I'm only going to marry you, if your family agrees on our marriage, we need blessings from both sides of the family.

Naina: What are you saying Sameer? I've come all the way from the mandap just to be with you, and your saying this now. It took me so long to get rid of my fears, I'm fighting for my love, these people want me to get married to him, and your still worried about if my family will give blessings to us?

Sameer: I didn't mean it like that

Naina: Sharad I want to talk to you alone.