Part 7- Hiding the love bite

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 7- Hiding the love bite

Taiji: Naina what's that on your neck?

Naina covers it with her hand, and looks at Preeti.

Preeti: Its a mosquito bite

Taiji: O bai, which mosquito has huge teeth?

Naina: Taiji, you know in science everything is changing, so different species of insects can change, you never know it might be your turn next

Naina, and Preeti run out leaving Taiji confused

Preeti: That was a close one, by the way what is that?

Naina: Sorry Preeti, even I can't tell you that, only lovers are allowed to know.

Swathi joins them walking to college, and asks the same question.

Swathi: Please tell us, we are your best friends?

Naina: With such difficulty I lied to taiji saying that it's a mousqito bite, how am I going to tell them what actually happened?

Preeti: We are not going to let you go so easily Naina.

Naina: I'll tell you in college, but promise me you won't say anything, and you won't scream about it.

Swathi: Is it that serious?

Naina, Swathi, and Preeti come face to face with Sameer, Munna, and Pandit

Munna: What's so serious?

Naina looks up, and makes a prayer

Naina: This day gets better and better, everyone is on my case today.

Pandit: What are you talking about bhabhi?

Naina: Nothing just a usual prayer

Naina covers up the mark with her hair, and Sameer smirks.

Naina: Something bit me on my neck when I was having a bad dream, more like a vampire sucked on my blood

Naina walks away into the class, leaving the others shrugging thier shoulders, Sameer sits next to Naina.

Sameer: Talk to me Naina

Naina: Its all your fault, everyone is asking the same question.

Sameer: But what did I do?

Naina: Don't pretend to be innocent, like you weren't there.

JBR looks at them

JBR: It seems like your having an interesting conversation, will you tell us what your talking about?

Naina stands up

Naina: JBR bad joke, kick me out of the class.

JBR points towards the door, and Naina peacefully goes looking at everyone. Naina is relieved as she saved her self from getting caught. She goes towards Red Rose Restaurant, orders Samosa, a club sandwich, campacola, and sits down on a empty table. The lesson ends, and the others find her munching away, and looks surprised as Naina dosen't eat that much.

Preeti: There you are, we've been looking all over for you, your behaving strange with everyone today.

Naina: Really this is how I behave all the time? You've just noticed this today

Swathi: What are you hiding from us?

Naina: I told you before about the vampire.

Pandit: Vampires are not real.

Sameer: Until you don't tell us, we are going to bug you even more

Naina stands up, and she can't hide the truth anymore

Naina: Its a love bite, are you happy now? Uncle pass me another plate of Samosas.

Everyone has heard what Naina has said,  and they are all in shock.

Naina: Don't act like you've never had one before, it's not shocking, you can carry on what you were doing before

Pandit: Really?

Naina: I've told you all now, all of your mouths are zipped, before you were like tell me?

Swathi: What's a love bite?

Naina: Go and ask Sameer what a "lovebite" is?

Everyone turns looking at Sameer, and this time Naina is smirking.

Sameer: Erm,well a love bite is when you mark something as yours like my girlfriend so no other guy, will even look at her.

Preeti: Oh ho jijaji your very possesive, that's why you came to visit Naina.

Munna: Not bad bro your learning very fast.

Sameer: Naina mom has come from Dellhi, and she wants to meet you before our Roka happens.

Naina: Finally I can't wait to meet her. All of you are coming with us.