Part 5- Family Decisions

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 5- Family Decisions

Mamaji: Kids go upstairs whilst I'll talk to Naina's family.

Sameer: That means your accepting us

Naina: Let's go now, let them talk, they need to know each other. Ji Mamaji aap aram se baat kicheye.

Munna, Pandit, Sameer, Naina, Preeti, and Swathi enters Sameer's room

Naina: Its been ages since I've not seen your room.

Sameer: No Naina it's our room from now.

Preeti: Oh ho jijaji tora sabr rakhiye. I made Naina, and Sameer blush. By the way, Naina how did you come up with such an idea under pressure?

Naina: After Sameer said, that he wants blessings from both sides of the family, this plan came into action, so I decided to go against him, and boom everything fell into place. Dad actually told you to take me inside, not bad Sameer, his perception of you is changing.

Sameer: So Miss Naina Aggarwal, remember the promise I gave to you that you will only become my Mrs.Maheswari, well that day has finally arrived, thank you for coming into my life, and giving it a whole new meaning. I love you Naina, will you marry me?

Naina becomes emotional

Naina: Yes I will marry you, but Sameer the opposite happened, this time a girl came to give a proposal, nothing goes according to plan. Look how far we have come in our relationship, the struggles we had to go through was all worth it, and I'm so lucky that I get to spend my life with you.

Swathi: Jijaji, if you ever upset Naina, just watch what your saliji's will do. Just keep her happy like always, and yes we will be coming to your house everyday. I've known Naina for 10 years now, and my cutiepie you deserve this in your life. I gave Naina a hug.

Poonam Bhabhi: You can all come down now.

Sameer: We are coming

Taiji: We have come up with a decision together.

Mamaji: We have accepted your marriage proposal Naina, you can marry Sameer, and we have cleared all of our misunderstandings

Both families hug each other

Naina: Sameer are you happy now? I winked at him.

Sameer: I'm really excited now, I feel like I'm in a dream.

Naina pinches Sameer

Sameer: What was that for?

Naina: I did all of this for you, and your saying it's a dream, this is real.

Sameer: I'm only joking

Naina: Even I am. I stuck my tongue out .

Sameer chases Naina

Everyone starts laughing

Taiji: They are perfect for each other, a match made in heaven

Naina: Bhabhi, save me from Sameer, I'm sorry.

Sameer: Apology accepted.

Naina: I don't know what's going to happen after marriage if I have to run every day.

Sameer: Naina your too cute

Naina: Oh, I didn't know about that, but your very handsome. By the way, Sameer has already designed our wedding card.

Chachaji: So you were doing that in the bathroom?

Sameer covers his face with his hands

Naina: Don't hide that cute blush from me, it looks adorable. I removed his hands from his face.

Munna: Sameer's face has gone all red

Naina: Munna, he blushes more than I do. I pulled Sameer's cheeks gently. This wish has been granted as well.

Taiji: Naina let's go home now, it's so late, we have so much to do

Naina: Not before you, and dad say sorry to Sameer for always troubling him in  Pooja di's wedding, and espeacially in school.

Taiji, and dad says sorry to Sameer

Sameer: Its really ok, I really don't mind dad, and Taiji, but please don't embarrass me even more, let all of that be in the past. Now I'm going to be your son in law.

Rakesh: Sameer your really very precious to us. This kind of maturity that you have, always keep it with you, and your a gentleman, I see now why Naina has chosen you.

Naina: Aww finally dad and Sameer are bonding, no more baalon ki dukaan or ameerzaade.

Dad looks elsewhere

Mamaji: Who is this balon ki dukaan?

Sameer: Mere hone wale sasurji muhjhe pyaar say bhulate hain hein ni hein ni hein ni?

Rakesh and Sameer hug each other

Rakesh: That's my signature way of saying it, Naina come here.

Naina joins the hug, and looks at Sameer

Chachaji: We should take a family photo to always remember this day.

Chachaji places the camera on the table, and quickly joins the family.

Chachiji: This was a great idea.

Naina walks backwards, winks at Sameer, gives a flying kiss, and leaves with her family.