Part 22- Pagphere Rasam

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 22-Pagphere Rasam

Naina is staying at her maternal home, and it was the last day, she is missing Sameer terribly, and is at the breakfast table with everyone, she is lost in Sameer's thoughts, and is playing around with her food, until she drops a spoon on to the floor.

Chachaji: Where are you so lost?

Naina picks up the spoon, and places it on the table.

Preeti: Naina is missing jijaji

Naina: Yes, it's been two days since I've not seen him

Naina finishes her breakfast, and helps Chachiji in the kitchen washing up the dishes

Naina: Chachi, why do we have to this Pagphere Rasam, and what's the importance of this?

Chachiji: That's because girls are considered as Goddess Lakshmi, and to ensure the best future of the parents.

Naina: Wow, that's amazing, I never thought about that, Chachi you just changed my mood, thank you for this

Naina hugs Chachi, leaves the kitchen, and enters her room, where she sees Preeti talking to Pandit over the phone.

Preeti: So your saying that, when we get married, your not going to let me do the Pagphere Rasam because your going to miss me so much?

Pandit: 3 days without seeing you is like a disease, your the medicine to cure me

Preeti: I love you Pandit

Pandit: I love you too Preeti

Preeti disconnects, and kisses the phone

Naina: You both are so cute, I'm just waiting for your marriage to happen.

Preeti begins to blush bright red

Preeti: Naina don't do that to me

Naina: You always tease me with Sameer, and now I just got the chance.

Preeti: By the way, what happened on your Suhaagraat?

Naina: No I can't tell you that, you'll know when it happens to you.

Naina runs out of the room, and Preeti is chasing her around. They begin to laugh, as they remember thier childhood memories, and hug one another.

Naina: You always brighten up everything around us

Preeti: That's what Preeti is there for, you should get changed, Jijaji will be coming here soon.

Naina goes to get changed, Whilst the family prepare everything for Sameer to arrive. They make sure everything looks neat, and tidy.

Preeti: Now we just need to wait for Jijaji to arrive.

Sameer knocks, and Chachaji opens the door.
He comes inside, and takes everyone's blessings. His eyes are searching for Naina, but Preeti notices it.

Preeti: Who are you searching for?

Sameer: Naina

Preeti: Have some patience Jijaji, after all Naina is yours, and your going to take her.

Naina comes out of the room wearing the saree which Nanu gave to him, and is smitten by the way she looks. Naina looks at him, and smiles really widely that Sameer is here, she goes and sits down next to him.

Sameer: You look so gorgeous in Nani's saree, now I can feel what Nanu must have felt.

Naina: Thank you, and I thought of giving you a surprise, so that our love will become more deeper. How was it without me?

Sameer: It was so difficult, I wanted to ring you, but mamaji took me to work so that I don't get distracted.

Naina: I can understand, I was missing you so much, I wasn't even paying attention to anything, I was so lost in your thoughts, now I know how much we need each other.

Rakesh, Chacha, and Chachi present gifts to Naina, and Sameer as shagun. Naina, and Sameer accept it, and takes thier blessings.

Rakesh: Not once did you even ring Naina, I'm proud of you Sameer

Sameer: Yes dad, as much as I love Naina, you all do to, so I wanted Naina to feel the love coming from you all, and it suceeded. It's hard staying without your loved ones, but they always going to be in your hearts

Chachi, and Taiji kiss Sameer's forehead

Chachi: Your absolutely right Sameer, you've done so much for us, and how can we ever thank you.

Sameer: O bai, bhagvaan jhut na buleye par parrivaar mein no thank you. I'm your son, and it feels really speacial that you all love me a lot.

Naina, and Sameer leaves her house, and they sit on Sameer's bike. They remember thier first bike ride, and how Naina had to cover up so that no one would see her. Sameer starts the bike up.

Sameer: Shall we go on a bike ride?

Naina becomes excited

Naina: Yes let's go

Naina, and Sameer enjoy the light breeze and have a fun time. Naina wraps her arms around Sameer's waist, and he becomes happy

Sameer: Finally there is no one to stop us, and I've always dreamed about it, even in School I could feel your fingers, that's how strong our chemisty is.

Naina: I was so shy back then, but it's love what can we do? Now we have the best life to enjoy.