A Peek Of The Past

*Nairu POV*

Have you ever had a destiny? One that you tried to escape but was forced to follow in your family's footsteps? Because if you didn't, there were consequences that cannot be undone?...

With the help of the only people I could depend on, I desperately tried to run from my fate. Oh, how their sacrifices were in vain. All because I ended up having to follow my mother's orders, forced upon me from birth; to live out being the villain...

"You don't want to end up like your father and big brother, now do you?" My mother threatened me every day with the same terrible line. She pushed me back to my place and constantly warned me of their mistakes as if I didn't think of it every day.

And I despised it. I hated it. I hate it.

Imagine waking up each day and your eyes see blood everywhere: on the floor, dripping from the walls, the ceiling, the door, even your clothes and your bed. And when you force your eyes to close...then would come the familiar blood scent that bothers your nose and makes you lose your appetite. Imagine your eyes stinging from the tears you've shed, from the lack of sleep you've had and the bloodshot eyes of your memories coming back as you widely opened your eyes to a delusion of your father's and brother's corpse lying on the floor. The migraines that come and go as you blame yourself over and over.

'It's my fault. It's all my fault.
Completely my fault. I killed them'

Imagine you've killed your family, along with any hope of escape you've held onto for so, so long...

And no matter your struggle, your plea, and your cries, you can never reverse it.
---------------------------------------

*Nairu; 6 years old*

Nairu was holding his mother's hand as they walked away from the daycare.

"Mommy? Why do people say we're bad?" Nairu asked, remembering the other kids avoiding him because of the caretaker's words to stay away.

"Because we are, sugar. We are born bad and need to show others reality. To do that, blood will be shed."

These words lingered in his mind and questions formed in his head, along the lines of, 'But we don't have to hurt people... do we?'

However, those words would remain in his head for he couldn't go against the aura of dedication he felt as his mother explained how bad they were.

---------------------------------------

*Nairu: 8 years old*

"Mommy...d-did you really do it? Did you...kill daddy?" Nairu watched as his mother burned the corpse to ashes. His eyes starting to sting from not only the smoke that fogged his vision but also the remembrance of his father rushing through his head.

Mrs. Kameda walked closer to pat Nairu's head, slowly crouching down to his level of view, "Nairu, I know you loved him. But I also know that he never loved you." She moved her right hand to squeeze Nairu's right shoulder.