Falling like a tear stain, Only for your cold ghost, Make me feel again ...

He was inside the ice cold water again. It was even colder than he remembered it. It felt like his skin was burning and it got even darker around him. But why should he try to get up to the surface again? Lucifer wasn't even there. And – even though he had no idea what exactly this weird other world was – he had no reason to turn up there again. Lucifer was gone in both worlds. There was no reason for him to swim. He could easily just wait until his body felt numb and how the air disappeared out of his lungs. So he accepted that he was sinking deeper into the empty ocean, when suddenly he felt warmer again. It was like the water heated up- no, wait, that was not right. It felt like he was on the beach again and would be able to feel the warm sunshine on his skin. He instantly thought about his younger – dead – brother, Lucifer and the pain was back again. The pain of losing him. But he needed to feel the warmth again. He couldn't just let go of it. That was the only thing he had left; the memory. So he couldn't lose it. So he tried to get back to the surface ...

~~

The archangel gasped for air and opened his eyes. But surprisingly he wasn't inside the maze anymore. It was lighter around him and the material underneath him felt soft. Wait- he knew that area! He was inside Lucifers 'home' – or more likely the cave he made his home – but how did he get there? He looked around and recognized a figure right next to him. Slowly he turned his head and looked down at the person that was lying on the mattress with his head and arms. When he recognized who it was he felt how his heart started to beat faster. The person was Lucifer. He almost screeched when he saw him, but quickly covered his mouth with his hands. Lucifer was asleep, he didn't want to wake him up, and so he just watched him in silence and smiled behind his hands. He had no idea why he was alive and that was all that matters for the archangel. Actually the other angel looked really peaceful when he was asleep and he slowly lied down himself and watched his younger brother happily and calm. I wonder how he found me and how he found a way out of the maze. And I wonder why he is alive. I mean, it is wonderful that he is back! But I wonder why ...

Suddenly Lucifers eyes opened and he looked directly into the blue color that they had. "Michael, you are awake!" Lucifer seemed to be fully awake quite soon when he realized that his older brother was alright and he sat up and smiled at him. "How do you feel?" "I feel better again ..." The older one was still lying and continued to look into his brothers eyes. He never realized earlier that the color was actually pretty. He liked it a lot; it reminded him of the sky. "What happened in the maze to you, Michael? When I found you, you where crying and shaking and I was seriously worried! What happened?" And again Michael felt the pain of losing his brother in his chest. Even when Lucifer sat right in front of him, he was worried that it wasn't real. Maybe he was just hallucinating again? Oh please, father, I hope not ... "I was ... Hallucinating, I guess ... I was down there for a lot of time – at least that's how it felt – and suddenly I found ... you. On the ground. Bleeding. You were already dead ..." Lucifer recognized that Michaels bronze eyes looked emptier the longer he was talking. "And then it started to get weird ... The walls were mirrors and there was you and you told me that it is all my fault and that I am the worst brother that could exist ..." His chest felt tighter when he remembered the words that were now echoing inside his head. "And then at some point I broke down ... It was too much for me ..."
The blonde archangel looked at the older one with a surprised expression. "It ... made you break down?" His voice sounded confused as well. "But ... why?"
Michael sighed a bit before he answered. "I realized how much I actually care for you ... And how sorry I am."
"But- I thought that you hate me?" Lucifer felt how his heart pounded a bit faster. Could it really be that Michael doesn't hate him anymore? He hoped so ...
"I thought so too, but, guess that I still care for you. Even more than I ever thought ..." Somehow both were not really sure what exactly that meant but Lucifer didn't want to question it right now. Maybe he would make Michael mad again and that was something he didn't wanted to do.
So he just smiled. "That's great ..." "Yes it is ..." Michael smiled at his younger brother too.
Both were silent for some time until the dark haired angel came back to one of his questions: "By the way, Luce, how did you find me?"
Lucifer raised an eyebrow. "Since when do you call me Luce again?" He smirked a bit at the other one, but answered him anyways, without waiting for an answer: "And I was in the maze too. I found it when I was searching for the book. And I found you because I heard you scream and cry." Somehow the question why he called him by his nickname and that he found him because he wasn't able to control himself anymore when he was crying made him feel a bit embarrassed and he felt how his face heated up a bit. "Oh come on ... Don't ask too many questions or I will hate you again." Now he was the one that was smirking while Lucifer pouted. "Stop looking at me like this, okay, okay I won't. And how did you find your way out?"
"I used the trick that you taught me. I always followed one side of the walls. Was quite hard while I carried you." He winked at him. "What do you want to tell me, Lucifer?" Michael sat slowly up while he looked at the younger one while he started to pout. The younger one was just smirking at the dark haired archangel. "Nothing." The voice of Lucifer sounded purring and he was smirking at his brother. "Tell me, you brat of an archangel." His choice of words was not the nicest but Lucifer could see that the black haired angel was just kidding. His eyes were sparkling, but in a different way than they did when he was angry. "Make me." Michael looked at his brother in silence for some seconds until he started to laugh. "Forget it." And again the light haired archangel started to pout. "Luci, come on!" But Instead of answering Lucifer grabbed the pillow and started to hit Michael with it softly. "Hey! Lucifer! Stop it!" He was still laughing while he raised his hands to save his face from it. "Never, Mike, never!" That was the moment where Michael jumped up and ran away, over to Lucifers bed, only to grab his pillow and threw it at his younger brother. "I won't let you get away with it that easy!" That was the first time where they both had fun, while they acted like little children. And both of them enjoyed it a lot.