All Along You Were Right in Front of Me

Just letting you guys know I don't think Liz is like this at all! So don't take it the wrong way! :)

Kate's Pov:
Things couldn't be any worse. Since I'm Peter's best friend, I always have to listen to him ramble about Liz, his crush, which is hard because I like Peter, and Liz bullies me. Peter doesn't know that though. Today is the day I'm finally going to tell him.

I walked out of the classroom and straight to Peter's locker. I had been waiting to tell him all day, when I approached him, he was talking to Ned. When he saw me he smiled, but when he saw how worried I was, his smile quickly dropped.

"Kate? Hey what's wrong?" He asked quickly stepping closer to me.

"Pete...I need to tell you something." I said as I looked down.

"What is it?" He asked.

"It's about Liz...she...she bullies me." I said as I kept my eyes down.

"Why would you say that Kate? Why would you lie to me like that? You know I like Liz, and now you lying about her? How could you!" Peter said, yelling towards the end.

"You think I'm lying to you? Do you really believe her over me?" I asked as I took a step away from him.

"Maybe I do." He said sternly. Not like the Peter I know, the caring, always kind Peter.

"I can't believe you." I said as tears filled my eyes. I quickly ran down the hall, to the doors, and out of the building.

*Time Skip*
I layed in my bed and cried. I couldn't believe Peter didn't believe me. I'm his best friend, and he chooses to believe Liz over me? I continued to cry until I fell asleep.

*Next Day at the end of the school day*
I walked towards the stairs with my head down. Im just lucky I managed to make it through today. As I turned towards the stairs, I was suddenly pushed up against a wall.

"Hey Kate. I see you tried telling Peter about me. Of course he doesn't believe you. You're pathetic." Liz said as she punched me in the face.

"You think I'm pathetic, have you seen yourself?" I asked, trying to not let her get to me.

"Fine I'll show you just how pathetic I think you are." She said with a petty giggle.

Suddenly, I realized I was falling down the stairs. She pushed me. Pain spread through out my body, but I got up anyways with tears in my eyes.

"Liz! What the hell was that about?!" I heard someone say. I knew who it was. It was Peter.

"I was just showing her how pathetic she is." Liz said with a snicker.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" He shouted as he rushed down the stairs.

"Kate! I'm so sorry." He said to me.

I didn't answer him. Instead I just looked him in the eyes. Tears now staining my cheeks. I shook my head and ran down the hall and out of school. I ran to my apartment building, which thankfully was only a few minutes away. I got home and locked myself in my room. I sat on my bed and just thought about how Peter didn't believe before. I didn't know if I should accept his apology or not.

Suddenly there was a knock on my window. I turned my head to see Spider-Man, Peter, standing on the fire escape. (You know he's Spider-Man in this) I walked over to the window and opened it.

"How long." He said sounding broken and angry.

"It doesn't m-"

"How long." He asked again.

"About four months.." I said as I looked down.

"Kate, I'm so sorry...I should've believed you, instead I acted like a complete jerk. I'm so stupid for not seeing she was doing this to you. I could've done something to stop her."

"I guess it's fine, I get it..you like her, and you didn't want it to be true I suppose. Here you can come in." I said as I stepped to the side to let him in. He crawled in, stepping close to me. He took his mask off looked into my eyes.

"I don't like her anymore Kate...seeing her like that made me realize something." He said as he held both of my hands. "It made me realize I don't want to be with someone like Liz. I want a girl that's right for me, I want you, and all along you were right in front of me." He said.

I smiled and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

"Pete...if I'm being honest....I've liked you all this time." I said as I pulled away and looked down.

"You have?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well then, would you maybe consider, you and me, being together." He asked as he put a hand under my chin and lifted my head so our eyes met.

"Yes I would Pete, and I forgive you." I said as I smiled at him.

He leaned in and kissed me softly, but quickly pulled away nervously.

"I-I'm sorry. I should've asked if y-"

I giggled. "Just kiss me Peter." I said.

He kissed me again and pulled me even closer to him. He held me in his arms, both of us smiling.

Finally, things are going to be just fine.