22: Entanglement

Short chapter. Sorry.

---

1.6.2016

I got the results. Apparently, I'm suffering a stage 3 brain cancer. It was the most shocking news I've ever heard after knowing i'm arranged to marry someone I hardly knew. I don't think I've ever made any mistakes in my life. I've been taught to execute everything perfectly since I was in tender age of 5. So, what mistakes have I done to receive this kind of punishment ?

---

I walked down the stairs slowly, I didn't knew why I did that. I peeked down and saw Jungkook was watching tv all by himself, obviously. I felt my heart quickened its pace. I stopped for awhile, contemplating if I should go down or not. I clenched the railings and sucked a whole oxygen into me.

I'll do it.

I then walked down the stairs, hoping he won't notice my presence until I get there. I don't think he would. He looked so drawn into the tv he's watching now. He was hugging a small pillow in his arms, the movie he was watching reflected in his huge eyes. I found it so cute and it makes my face burning red again.

I didn't realize I was already close to the couch, close enough for him to sense my presence. I saw how his eyes went from the tv to me, a smile formed on his lips as his eyes landed on me. I bit my lower lips and smiled inwardly at him. 

His focus was completely on me. He didn't shift it to the movie he was watching, it was as if, I was his attraction by then. It was also the same as I to him.

Slowly, he raised his hand, hanging in the air towards me. My heart rapidly beating against my chest. My head was debating if I should grab it or not.

Should I ? 

Should I.. accept his love ?

I felt like crying, I don't know why. Butterflies started to form in my stomach, and I felt like my mouth twitching to smile. 

I should.

I slowly but surely grabbed his huge hand with my small one, looking straight into his eyes with a smile. His gaze then, was so different than back then. His once cold, piercing dark hues eyes, was now filled with love. I didn't know how my face then, but for sure it was a happy one.

He then pulled me and in a matter of seconds, I was already by his side. His arms snaked around my waist, our legs tangled with each other. He brought his other hand and intertwined them with my fingers. I looked up to him as he did them to me, which he did the same to me, looking to me in the eyes with a soft look. 

As if I was hypnotized, that's what his eyes did to me. He suddenly leaned in, and I abruptly closed my eyes, embracing myself of what he's going to do to me. All he did, the most simplest thing that made my whole body squeezed, was just a peck on my forehead.

"You're so cute." he mouthed. I felt like running away. 

It was so real, I thought it was surreal. 

"Have you eaten anything ?" he asked me. I pursed my lips as I composing myself, my eyes shifted to the clock that hung on a wall.

2.45 p.m

I shook my head. I felt his lips formed a smile on my forehead before he shifted while still holding my hand.

"It's already 2.45. Let's go to my mother's house. They invited us for lunch together." he told me. I cocked my eyebrows as I tried to remember as to when did his mother did so.

Seeing my confused look, his hand left mine and grabbed something not far from us, "She just told me awhile ago. I was waiting for you to come down and ask if you want to. Do you ?" he asked, looking at me. I hesitated, but nodded anyway with a soft smile. He gave me a smile before leaving another peck on my forehead and stood up from the couch.

"After we have our lunch, I want to settle something. Let's make it fast, okay ?" he said grabbing my wrist and pulled me up from the couch. It was so instant that I couldn't do anything to protest what he was doing, which was picking me up bridal style and started to run upstairs afterwards. I yelped, shocked by the sudden action.

"Jungkook!" I shouted his name. He just laughed as we ascending upstairs. I held onto him hard since I was afraid I would fell onto the floor. My face was in the crook of his neck, making my cheeks gone red in an instant. 

He was running towards my room and dumped me onto my bed with him. His body hovered over mine, it was now his turn to have his face in the crook of my neck. His warm breath hit my sensitive skin, making the redness of my cheeks doubled. He lifted his face, and our face was inches apart. I could feel his nose brush over mine as he looked at me, and I looked at him. My arms that was still lunging around his neck making our face even more close. 

His eyes didn't waver from mine, so did I to him. It was as if we were drown into the same sea, the sea everyone that shared the same feelings would understand. 

Our body moved on their own, as the space between us slowly gone and the ones that connected us was a pair of warm lips entangled together, forming love between us.

---