27: Coldness warmth

3rd p.o.v.

The sky was a bright blue hues complementing the perfect weather of the day as if mocking Aurora who had been miserable since two weeks ago. There were a visible dark bags under her eyes, and her body seemed to move weakly as she danced her brush upon the white canvas that already, almost finished painting displayed on it.  

She mindlessly brought her brush here and there for the last touch up. Painting was her talent, so her fingers knew what to do instead of focusing on a piece that she could easily finish in an hour. It became almost three hours since she didn't do it with all her might. Her mind were elsewhere and she just let her fingers do the work.

Finally after a last stroke, her fingers stop. Her eyes that already lost the living slowly glanced up onto the result of her own fingers and she stared at it. It was a portrait of a man smiling to his side, his eyes closed as he did. His teeth lined up perfectly with a little cute flaw which was right in the middle called a bunny teeth. 

Yes. It was Jungkook. 

Once again, she felt a familiar choking on her throat, her eyes welling with tears and her heart being stabbed with thousands, thousands of knife. Her eyes couldn't move from the portrait that wasn't as perfect as she could go. It was just a simple paint without any perfect details on it, but it broke her heart. 

She brought her hands to her face, burying her pale look with tears came running down her cheeks rapidly. Her shoulders shaking harshly as she continued crying in her hands, hoping all of these would never happen. 

A few moments later, she let go of her face and placed a hand on her tummy. Looking down onto her tummy that was still flat, she smiled with tears and snots were still on her face. 

"Am I being selfish, Haeri ?" she spoke lowly with a little raspy went along it. She sniffed but the smile still hadn't waver from her pale lips. Clenching a little bit of the white blouse on her, she felt the familiar pain again, in her heart. She raised her head and looked up in the sky that began to cloudy, darker and darker by minutes. It was as if Haeri was looking down to her with disgust of what she thought being the one who stole her life.

"Am I using you ? Am I the one who killed you who supposed to live ?" she cried, tears went out from the corner of her eyes towards her ears as she looked at how the dark cloud became darker,  the sound of thunders began to hear from distance.

She continued on crying as the cloud start to let out the rain. The world was as if mocking her state and make it worse for her. She screamed at every thoughts that came related to her.

She, who supposed to die was now in someone else's body who supposed to live, bearing a child with the guy who never knew the one he's in love wasn't Haeri but was Aurora.

The paint on the canvas slowly broken by the rain that rapidly went down from the angry cloud. The Jungkook on the canvas slowly became damp, some of the parts of his face gone and only leave some that could barely recognize by someone who doesn't know him- who doesn't know him. While Aurora clenched her chest, screaming her heart out in the middle of the thundering rain. 

She was blaming herself for everything. She's blaming herself for breaking two lives by her own fate. She hated how the fate encountered her all of people, yet she thankful that she finally get to see the one she loved the most. 

---

Jungkook hesitant, but forced himself to open the gate to his and Aurora's home. As he took a step inside, his eyes scanned the yard that grown after the past two weeks. He felt how his heart dropped by the sight. It was evident that Aurora was so hurt to even care of her surroundings.