.:17:.

Trigger warning

One of the most memorable trips the kids ever had was to Iceland. Tyler was writing a new album and filming music videos, so he took the kids along for the journey. To say the least, Robbie has definitely taken Josh's place as Tyler's best friend, and they quickly learned that during the flight there and back after a few months.

"Three, two, one!" Everyone cheered as the music video was posted.

"Okay, I'd like to give a speech" Robbie said, standing up.
"I'm really proud of my dad and uncle for putting this album together and working so hard on it every second of the day. I'd also like to mention that we appreciate that my dad spent time with us whenever he could and never got too invested in his work. Thank you for taking us on this journey with you Dad, it's been amazing".

After Robbie set down his wine glass filled with Red Bull, he made his way over to Tyler to pull him in a tight hug. The smiles were evident on everyone's  faces.

Anne was next. Jenna had found a few apps for Anne to use because not everyone had learned sign language that well, so the app spoke for her.

"Tyler" she began. She hadn't yet adjusted to the word dad. It felt foreign to her. Her and Tyler hadn't yet formed that close of a bond the way her and Jenna did. However, no bond with anyone would get her to reveal the self harming she partook in every once in a while. She just hated how she felt so odd out of the family all the time.

"This has been a fun trip to Iceland, and I'm glad I got to see how much you love your work and family equally. It's nice to be able to share this moment with you and Uncle Josh" she finished typing, as the robotic voice read it for her. She smiled, satisfied with her speech.

Tyler gave her a tight lipped smile. Not knowing how to react because he barely ever had any heart to hearts with her.

"That was very sweet Anne" Jenna said for him. She grabbed Tyler's wrist and led him over to Anne, her face telling him to hug her. He knew Jenna was serious when her eyes got all squinty.

Tyler walked over to Anne, pulling her in a side hug while she just stood there feeling horrible but not showing it.

He doesn't like me, she thought. It's been months of "adjusting as a family" and everyone has a place except for her. Robbie was too caught up in living a new and improved life and Patrick was too young to understand what was going on.

"Let's go finish our nails Anne" Jenna smiled, holding her hand and bringing her to the cabin they were staying in. At least Jenna pitied her enough to try to include her. Right?

Anne moved her fingers to sign that she was going to the bathroom. Her heart was beating incredibly fast because she knew what would happen now. Her skin itches to be given some attention. It was like a punishment she gave herself for not fitting in. She made everyone awkward. She couldn't speak for herself. That stupid robot voice displayed none of the emotions she felt. No one knew how she really felt. Robbie used to, but his scars are faded and so is his care he once had for her.

Her blades were stored in her pencil case where no one ever looked. The sad thing about it was that she always carried it around casually and no one ever thought to look in there to see what she was hiding. She would take them out of Tyler's cabinet in the bathroom. They were meant for shaving.

Anne sat on the edge of the bathtub and breathed in deeply. She held her least full blade in her trembling hands. Her thighs were already marked with heavy lines, she just looked for the empty spots and nowadays it was getting harder to find any.

She slowly touched the blade to middle of her thigh and made a cut. It was in the middle of a cut from a week ago and one that had just stopped bleeding that morning. Now there was a new one. She watched the blood trickle down her knee and thought about how easy it was. It had become too easy that it was no longer painful. That's the sad part is that it didn't hurt anymore, it was just a bad habit she couldn't quit. Punishing herself. With what? Because it wasn't pain. It didn't hurt at all. It numbed her thighs. She wished her life could be numbed just as easily.

Suddenly she wishes she was back at the foster home. Janet paid attention to her all day long. And her love was real. Or so it felt that way. It was the most real love she's ever felt.

Just then, the door was being opened by Josh. She mentally slapped herself for forgetting to lock the door. She was that in a hurry to feel the numbness that a half full blade gave her.

"Anne!" He yelled. She pulled up her pants, despite the blood that had now reached her toes.

"Tyler! Jenna!" Josh yelled loudly. Anne began to put away everything, trying to hurry and run out the door, but she was met by Jenna.

"What's wrong?" She said, out of breath.

"I caught Anne, she was cutting" Josh said.

Anne was now crying.

Tyler shows up a few seconds later, a confused look on his face.

"What happened?" He whispers to Jenna.

"We need to call out first family meeting." She said, her hands clenched tightly into fists.

"Okay, I'll call the boys" Tyler said, turning back on his heel.

"No, with us and Anne" she breathed out.

**

Hi guys. I'm not dead, but I am stressed because of college stuff and preparing for it. Thank you to anyone who stuck around this long. 

I will be uploading the second part of this tomorrow.

I tried to add in this scene in because I realized that a lot of people don't elaborate on how self harm feels on a deeper level. I personally have dealt with similar things as Anne in that way, but I just thought that people who haven't should know how it feels.

Anyways thank you guys for reading and voting and commenting