Chapter 30 - The truth unfolds

"Hmmm hold on," said Hanbin as he held his phone high and quickly ran towards you to hand you his phone.

"Oh! Hanbyul ah!" You said as soon as you saw Hanbyul's face on the screen of hanbin's phone.

"Unnie!! I miss you so much," said Hanbyul, sadly.
"Why didn't you come and hang out with me anymore?," she asked, pouting.

"Unnie! When can I meet you again? I've been begging Oppa for months and he keep lying to me that we'll meet soon every time I ask," hanbyul asked again,not giving you any chance to answer her questions, at all.

"Aish.. this is so awkward," you thought in your head.

"Ya! Hanbyul ah ... I told you didn't I? Wuli (our) Tara Unnie is busy preparing for her album and promoting with Oppa these few days," Hanbin said as he took over his phone from you, helping you to answer hanbyul's question to avoid any awkwardness.

"Yup, that's right! Hanbyul ah! Mianhae! I will promise to go look for you after I am done working on my album!" You answered with a faint smile.

"Really? Unnie! Pinky promise?" Hanbyul asked as she raised her hand and showed you her pinky.

"Yes I promise," you answered as you raised your hand and showed her your pinky too.

"Ahh I am really sorry," Hanbin apologized as he faked a few laughter after the FaceTime with hanbyul ended.

"No, it's fine!" You said.

"So I am guessing you haven't tell her that we.. I mean ..you and I ..kinda don't hang out as frequently as we do anymore?" You asked, out of curiosity.

"Wait... what do you mean by we don't hang out as frequently as we do anymore?" Hanbin asked, raising one of his eyebrows.
"What? Is that like a fancier term of saying that we've broken up?" Hanbin asked as he chug down another can of cold beer.

You nodded.

"But it's fine, really. You don't have to tell her yet. I mean, she is too young to understand it anyway," you said, spilling the truth.

"We can just .. you know ... act like how we used to be .. infront of her if that makes her happy," you said.
"The last I'd want to do is to make her sad," you added.

"I am glad that you said that," Hanbin said.
"How amazing would it be if we could stay forever in that way too," he muttered under his breath, so soft that you could hardly hear anything.

"What?" You asked.
"Oh! No... I just ... I just think that's a really good idea because I'd hate to see her upset too," he lied, not knowing that you've actually heard the words that he said under his breath.

"How are things going on between you and Sihyun?" Hanbin asked, out of the blue.

"Yeah, we're fine. You know ... just .. hanging around sometimes like what typical couples do," you lied, shamelessly.

"How about you? How are things with you and lee hi? Everything good?" You asked in return.

"Yeah we're fine too.. she would always want us to have a date once or twice in a week," Hanbin answered.

"Awww, that's really cute," you said as you could hear your heart breaking.

"A date once or twice in a week? Wow, Kim Hanbin! I can't recall a time where you would be so generous to free out your time so that we could have a date out when we were together last time! When did you become such a romantic person?" You teased.
"I guess that's the power of true love huh," you added.

"Geez,Tara Kwon. So you're going to just talk openly to him about the relationship you two had without any guilt huh," you thought in your head.

"Hey! Come on, stop teasing me! " Hanbin said as he smiled and put another piece of fried chicken onto your plate.
"And what I had with you was true love too,okay!" Hanbin said as he took a sip of his beer out of the can awkwardly while you were busy pretending like you've not heard what he have just said.