Chapter 32 - goodbye stage

"Oh! Hanbin! What a coincidence!" You said, as if you didn't spent your whole morning waiting for him in the cafeteria.

"Oh! Tara!" Hanbin said, smiling.

"Are you going to have your breakfast here? Or.." you asked, hoping him to say 'yes' so that your whole plan would not go to waste.

"Yeah! Do you mind if I join you?" He asked as he pointed at the empty seat in-front of you.

"Sure! I'll wait for you over here! Take your time," you said as you stayed in your seat while hanbin went to order his breakfast.

"Hmm! I swear, they serve the best Kimchi fried rice ever!" Hanbin said as he ate another spoonful of rice.

You laughed.

"Here," You said as you took out a piece of tissue paper from your bag and wiped out a grain of rice that was left on the corner of his mouth.

Flustered, Hanbin pushed away your hand slightly and took the tissue paper from you.

"Oh.. Oh.. thanks," he said, avoiding eye contact.

"Omg I can't believe I just did that... he better notice that I 'm wearing the bracelet he gave me right now!" You thought in your head.

"Oh! Would you like to have a sip of my drink? It's called ...  hmm... Swedish... Sweden... berries?..." you asked, as you try to recall the name of the drink.

"Swedish berry?" Hanbin asked, raising one of his eyebrows.

"Yes! Yes!" Swedish Berry! It's new in the menu, I think this is going to be my favorite drink from them from now on," you said as you took another sip of the iced tea.

"Here! Try it! It's nice!" You said as you pretend to hand over Hanbin your cup of iced tea to let him try the drink but your purpose was actually only to show him the bracelet on your hand.

"Ohh.. ohh..it's okay, I've my iced americano," he said, smiling awkwardly.

You're sure he saw it! He saw the couple bracelet on your hand when you handed over the drinks to him. But why did he kept quiet?

Upset and annoyed, you finished the rest of your food quietly and tried to get away hastily from Hanbin with a lame excuse saying that you've a really bad stomachache.
———————————
"No way! He did not just do that," Sindy said as she tried to connect the bluetooth on her phone to the speaker of the practice room so that you girls can practice on the songs on the album.

" Whatever! I'm done," you said, annoyed.

"I don't think he is that clueless," Sua said.

"Right? I saw him glancing at my bracelet! He definitely saw it.. but he did not say anything.. how am I suppose to speak up if he doesn't break the ice?" You said.

"Okay, I sounded a little selfish! But hey, it has always been this way! He'd always break the ice first ... he'd always lead me on first..." you said, feeling bittersweet.

"But that's when you both were still dating," Hanna said.
"You guys are no longer dating now so of cause it'll be awkward for him to just ... you know suddenly mention about the bracelet you're wearing," she added.

"You're right.. what am I doing now geez... trying to make a fool out of myself," you let out a huge sigh, after taking account of what Hanna had just said.

"hey, you're just trying to confront him... nothing is bad about it! Maybe it's just the way you try to confront him was a bit lacking?" Hanna said, trying her best to comfort you.