The Flow

Recap of Previous Chapter

I know it sounds confusing for me to tell him that I like him and I know y'all are saying, are you serious right now, after all you have done. Maybe I'm being genuine, maybe, I'm not.

———————————————————————————

Jake's Pov

It's been a week since I've been in the hospital. I'm so sick and tired of being in here. I had to do therapy in order to strengthen myself. I was not use to walking on crutches and it made it even harder because, I have a fractured arm.

The doctors said that my arm may heal before my leg does. I'm due to get off of crutches in 2 months, feels like forever.

I was laying in my bed just thinking about how hectic this week was. I get hit by a car, my family showing me love that I haven't felt in a long time, people coming to see me that I would not imagine would even think twice about me. It's a lot to digest.

I don't want anyone to feel bad for me at all. I don't think I was ever the type to want people to worry about me. I use to be the one that cheered everyone up and the person that people looked up too. Now, I'm just an individual that no one would look twice at.

My parents and Jakey were here everyday almost all day. If Jakey started to get tired my mom took him home and my dad stayed. I would think it would be the other way around. I kind of thought my dad had something against me considering he gave me routinely slaps at home. There was always someone here, which, was kind of comforting. I never showed them how much I appreciated it because I feel like I don't have the nerve too.

I heard a knock on the door. I replied "Yea"

The door slowly opened and someone peeked in.

Dayquan: "Hello?"

"Hi"

Dayquan: "How you feeling? I know first day of therapy was rough. Sorry, I didn't stop in the last 2 days, practice was harsh this week"

"Mmh, I'm good"

Silence filled the room. I was counting the seconds in my head. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12.1,13.12,13.45,14,14.78. I know these numbers are getting extra random by the second. As I was about to finish my counting, Dayquan cleared his throat. I thought he was about to say something but, I was wrong.

I waited some more minuets before I closed my eyes.  I heard Dayquan's voice "Jake what do you want to do, I'm bored" Really Dayquan you choose to speak now ? When I close my eyes? Well there's many things I want to do like walk maybe.

"I don't know"

Dayquan: "Come on, what do you want to talk about?"

"I.....don't.......know"

Dayquan: "Okayyy, someone's a lil cranky"

In my head I laughed a lil but I had no emotion to his comment on the outside.

Dayquan:  "well then I'll start talking then.... So the team is recruiting new football players.  If you ask me which you didn't, but I'm going to tell you anyway.  Frankly, I think we have enough players. We kind of suck since you left the team. I mean you were a quarterback star and still is. You think everyone just forgot about all of that?"

Jake: ~crickets~ .......

Dayquan: " You don't have to answer me. Anyway I feel like adding more players isn't going to make us better. We need more strategy practices and players that will really play not just people who want to play games. Eh, I don't know it's just High School football right ? Right."