Chapter 2

Me:I don't own twilight but I do own Aro and the cookie I'm eating.
Aro:As amazing and beautiful and popular and cool and downright perfect as you are you don't own me.
Me: do I still own the cookie?
Aro: no. *grabs it and eats it*
Me : damn you.
Aro: already there

B POV

"Marcus," Aro says in a commanding tone, "Please read her bonds with the Cullen's and announce it to her and the Volturi.
"Alice is one of a sister, Jasper is one of a friend, Carlisle is one of a parent, though it's a little strained with distance and time, as wells as Esme's. Emmett's is one of a brother, Rosalie is one of an fond affection." Everyone is at the edge of their seats waiting for the last one.
"Edwards is severed. Completely." I do an inner victory dance and an outer smile. Edward gasps angrily and growls at Marcus. Feeling protective I give a growl back as best as I can. Edward looks shocked and shuts up.
Marcus smiles down at me, fatherly affection shining through ever pore of his. He sighs and as on lean back on his chest.
"The warmth, I'm usually freezing." He explains. I nod, I enjoy warmth as well, it must be hard being freezing cold all the time. Aro growls at Marcus, the one person I feel perfectly safe and content around. He exudes a calming aura, one a I appreciate much.  I growl back at Aro. He better learn to keep his perfect mouth shut!
"Piccolo, it's alright. Don't be put out." I nod stiffly and continue to glare at Aro. Marcus chuckles.
"Your a little kitten with claws aren't you?" He asks. I frown. Cats......
"That makes you a tiger?! No fair. I hate cats. They're annoying and dumb and ill tempered." I say to him. Then I whisper, "They remind of Caius." He starts laughing. Caius glares and then starts laughing. Aro looks very miffed.
"What's stuck up his marble ass?" I ask Caius. Caius chuckles. "Tell me!" I demand. I hate being in the dark.
"Tell you what?" He plays dumb. I raise a single eyebrow. Really Caius? I'd like to know why Aromjs acting all weird.
"You were about to tell me something important I shouldn't know! Tell me!" I say, smiling. He looks me appraisingly.
"You're observant, I'll give you that." Then he walks out of the room. Marcus stares at me. I nudge him.
"What?!" I ask, irritated now.
"Caius, he likes you!" Marcus exclaims. "The bond between you to is sweet and pure, like best friends. It's quite nice. He's a bit protective." Marcus says happily. I smile, it's nice to know I've made friends here. Aro hisses. I just shake my head.
"Aro. Seriously. Stop hissing and growling and say something intelligent or get out!" I tell him. He growls again. I roll my eyes.
"Marcus?" Aro questions, almost pleading, and then murmurs something in Italian I can't quite hear. Marcus smiles and pretends not to hear him. I bite my lip to hold in laughter. Aro just stares for a second, looks pained.
"Piccolo? You have to stay, here, in Volterra." Marcus tells me. I look at him confused but happy and wrap both arms around him.
"Okay. I want to. I feel safe here. I think being in a new place will be good for me. I know it's sudden but I have grown close in these few minutes to many people. I'm not ready to let those relationships go for other," I glance at Edward and Alice, "ones." I do love Alice and the rest of the Cullen's, I respect them all greatly for their diet and way of life. But the Volturi have given me something I haven't gotten yet. Immediate comfort. I didn't have to change myself. I growled and smiled and was myself.  They didn't reprimand me or yell. I enjoy that. Alice looks pained.
"I am going home to my mate ." She says. Edward nods in agreement, though he looks more menacing. I will miss Alice for sure. I wave goodbye though and turn back to Marcus.
Marcus ignores them in favor of me. "Why don't you go and get settled. I'll have Jane, a guard, set up your room and dress you. We will have a ceremony for you joining our coven."
"Thanks," I say all while grinning, "I'd like that."
"Jane!?" Marcus calls. She appears at his side in seconds. She has blonde hair pulled back tightly in a bun and black eyeliner accentuating her red eyes.
"Jane I-" she hugs me. I return it without hesitation. She at last pulls back back and smiles.
"We must get dressed! The guard made a party for you!" She giggles. I smile.
   "Can I see my room first?" I ask.
"Yes!" She squeals. "It's such a nice room and it's close to mine!" We walk through the twisting halls, her occasionally pointing out a painting of room to me. Finally we reach a room with a black door and silver plaque. She flings open the door dramatically.
"This is your room! We will restock the closet and such but other than that, it's all yours for the keep."  The room is stunning, light red walls and a white vanity with all the makeup and hair supplies one could imagine. The bedspread is white with black sheets folded over like a hotel. There is a bathroom attached as well. A marble shower and bath and jacuzzi sit in there, waiting to be used.
   "I love it!" I say honestly. Jane beams.
"I'm glad. Now, let's get dressed for the party!" Jane is a better, revised and perfect version of Alice. She leads me to a closet and I pick out a red dress. It's very tight all the way through mid thigh, where it stops. I undress in front of Jane, uncaring, and put it on. It has sleeveless and gorgeous. I pair it with black shiny stilettos. I almost fall but manage not too. Jane whistles.
"Damn girl, you look smoking hot." In two minutes my hair is straightened and makeup is done. It's simple though, just mascara and nude lipstick. Jane hands me a black choker with a 'V' for Volturi.
"Your a true Volturi! Even Caius likes you, which is a first." I giggle. "So who's your mate? That's why your here right?" She asks. Her eyes gleam happily at the prospect of my happiness. She's a true friend.
"I don't know! Who's my mate? Jane, how can I find out?" I beg. She smirks evilly upon realizing I know nothing.
"You'll have to ask Marcus. Poor you, he doesn't usually tell people who their mates are." She chuckles. I growl slightly, then clap a hand over my mouth. She stares.
"I did that to Aro to." She looks shocked and we both want to figure out what's happening but we have to go to the party.
She smiles and shakes her head.
"Your incredible, you know?" We link arms and walk to the party room.