Chapter 9 Feelings Foretold

Arcee lay there, on her berth, in her quarters, staring up at the ceiling, wondering why on Cybertron, Bee would say such a thing. '...You are beautiful Arcee, I mean that. You always have and will be to me.' There it was again, that weird feeling in her spark. Every time she thought about Bumblebee saying those words to her, she felt it, she wasn't sure what it was, but it kind of annoyed her. Mostly because she couldn't figure out what it was.

She furrowed her optic ridges in annoyance and rolled over to face the door. She was almost just killed by some unknown fragging Decepticon who some how knows and for some reason hates Bumblebee, and all she could think about were those stupid little words! She remembered that she used to get the same feeling every time she was with Cliff, that is, after she let her walls down and allowed him in her life.

No, no no no, this was not the same thing, it couldn't be, she didn't want it to be. Bumblebee was her friend, he wouldn't like her like that, would he? All sorts of different thoughts about the matter ran through Arcee's processor, when she was suddenly brought out of them due to the sound of pedsteps approaching her room, and then there was a knock on the door.

Arcee grumbled at the sound, she wasn't really in the mood to be bothered. She just wanted to lay there, and sort out her thoughts. But despite that, she gave permission to the bot out side the door to enter, "Yeah, yeah, come in." The door slide open, only to revel none other than the bot who had been one her mind for the past hour. Arcee was surprised to see him, she didn't think Ratchet would let him go so easily. "Bee..." She said sitting up from her position on her backstruts. "I didn't think you'd get out of Ratchet's clutches so quickly." He chuckled and she patted the spot next to her, Bee walked over and sat there, before he responded, "Well, I might've had a little help from Optimus." It was Arcee's turn to chuckle, of course he had Optimus' help, how else would he have escaped Ratchet's wrath?

"So, you alright?" Bee asked, concerned. Arcee stared at him, he was unbelievable! He was already making her go crazy because of earlier, and now he has the nerve to ask if she was alright!? She was so frustrated, and she knew it was for no reason really. He was her friend, and was genuinely concerned, they were almost just offlined. But he was in worse shape than her, so really she was the one who should be asking him if he was alright.

"Bee, you really need to worry about yourself every once in a while." He smiled a bit sheepishly and rubbed the back of his helm, laughing lightly. "Uh... I think that's a little easier said than done." She rolled her optics at him, it was honestly probably a true statement, even if he was only joking. "Just, worry about yourself. I'm fine." Arcee said, though, it came out a little meaner and louder than intended.

Bee was a bit taken aback by her little out burst, clearly, something was bothering her, if not her injuries. They both sat there in silence for a awhile, Bumblebee was reluctant to say anything, fearful to upset her farther. But then he took a long look at her, she was staring down at her peds, optic ridges pressed down in frustration, she was from the looks of it lost in her thoughts. He finally, but cautiously, decided to say something. "Arcee... is something, um, bothering you?" He whirred, prepared for the worst.

She side glanced him, with all the silence she had almost forgot he was there. 'Uh, yeah, YOU'RE bothering me.' She thought to herself. She sighed and decided to get right to the point, no need to beat around the bush. "Bee, how exactly do you feel about me?" She asked bluntly.

Bumblebee felt his face plates heat up; he was utterly surprised by her question. What made her ask that? Then it hit him, she was talking about about earlier. She had told him they'd talk about it later, and he knew he wanted to tell her how he felt, but he hadn't expected her to ask him immediately! He didn't even have time to think about how he would tell her. Darn it, he knew he should have rehearsed something before just, waltzing in here!