Chapter 14 Love In My Spark

Arcee's POV

My audios were ringing, and I felt something heavy over me. I opened my optics to see Bee looking down on me with those big blue optics of his, worry evident on his face.

"Arcee, are you alright?" He asked me, his gaze never leaving mine.

"Yeah, I think so..." I trailed off, and we both just stared at each other.

"Hey! Are you bots-" We broke optic contact to look toward the voice, and there stood Jack and Raf, who looked at us with wide eyes.

"Uh... What are you guys doing?" Jack questioned us and I was confused for a moment. Until it hit me.

I suddenly realized Bee was on top of me, and I think he realized it too. Both our optics went wide, and both our face plates heated up with embarrassment has we looked back at each other.

Bee quickly got off of me and stood to his peds, offering a servo to help me up while looking away.

"S-Sorry..." He beeped apologetically while I took his waiting servo.

I was pulled to my peds and turned to face the kids, brushing off that awkward moment and focusing on the bigger problem.

"Are you you two hurt?" I addressed the young boys and they both shook their heads.

"No, we're fine. Just, a bit scratched and shaken up." Jack answered, and I could tell he was trying to stay strong. Hiding the fear and panic within himself.

Though Jack trying to hide his feelings, Raf seemed to be trying as well. But he made it obvious. Raf was a bit fidgety, and his eyes were slightly down cast, and worry was practically written all over his face.

I didn't say anything, not really knowing what exactly to say. Reassuring bots or humans wasn't my particular specialty. I was more of a realist, it wasn't that I didn't have hope, I just, you can't always pretend everything will be okay if you really aren't sure it will yourself. Or at least, that's how I see it.

I know that I did successfully comfort Miko that one time when Bulkhead was unwell, but still. I'm sure Bee will take care of Rafael, because unlike me, he always knows the right thing to say, he always has hope and never gives up, he believes there's always a better tomorrow. Bumblebee always finds a reason to smile, there's always a positive side for him, I wish I could be like that...

"Wait, where are the relics?" Bee's very good question pulled me away from my thoughts, and we decided to split up and search the area for them.

Me and Jack walked together, searching the forest for any signs of the Apex Armor or Polarity Gauntlet.

"Arcee, is everything okay with you? You seem a little, well, off." Jack looked over his shoulder at me, picking up on my apparently obvious distress.

"It's nothing, Jack. I'm fine."

"I don't buy it. I know you, Acree. I can tell when something's bothering you, and I know that you'll try and hide it from everyone too. So you can't fool me." Oh well, it was worth a shot. Though, he was starting to sound like June. Who was probably worried sick about right now.

"It isn't important right now. We have bigger things to worry about than my personal problems. So can we just talk about this later?" I continued to avoid the question, not really wanting to tell him about anything. Especially Bumblebee.

"No, we can't Arcee. You'll be able to focus better if you just tell me what's wrong. And, getting things off your chest in general is surely to help." He just refused to give up!

Ugh, I'd rather not talk about it... but maybe I can pass it off as something else besides Bee.

"Well, Elita is a problem for starters." I began, but was almost immediately shot down.