Can I Have This Dance?

Oh, my god. The gym looked amazing. Brittany actually went all out with this dinosaur theme.  Sebastian and I walked in as Brittany sang Dinosaur. She was the only one in the gym wearing a cave girl outfit.

"You guys actually went all out," Sebastian said. He looked around the place. "For some reason I expect to see someone swing from a vine and start yelling."

I gave Sebastian a teasing smile. "Are you trying to say you want to be Tarzan?"

"Only if you'll be my Jane."

My teasing smile became a real one. "As long as it doesn't end up like George of the Jungle."

"What? I need to watch out for a tree?"

I shook my head. "No." Santana started making her way towards us. "But you need to watch out for Santana."

Santana had this huge smile on her face when she saw me. "Shortcake."

I hugged her. "Santana."

When she pulled away, she didn't even hide her look of disgust when she saw Sebastian. "Oh, you brought the twink. I thought you would have brought someone else."

"Santana, Sebastian's my boyfriend, remember?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "The point?" She gave him a look. "Just because she forgave you, doesn't mean I do. So, if you do anything to hurt her again, I'll make sure the whole world will see what a huge jackass you are. If you think I'm being mean now, just wait till I start making your life a living hell." Then she looked at me again. "Remember, you're singing after me."

I nodded. "Yeah. I know. The slow dance."

She smiled. "Don't worry, I've taken you under my wing. I know you'll do great." She glared at Sebastian one last time before taking the stage.

Sebastian pointed at her. "She doesn't like me very much."

Santana started singing Love You Like A Love Song, with Tina and Brittany as her backup singers, as I pulled Sebastian towards the dance floor.

"That's because she likes holding grudges," I said. I wrapped my arms around him. "And she has a lot to hold against you."

Sebastian sighed as he placed his hands on my waist. "How many times to I have to apologize? And I haven't bullied anyone these past few months. I really have changed."

"I know you have. But she doesn't. You're still the jerk who threw the slushee at Blaine and tried to blackmail Finn to win Regionals to her."

He pulled me close. "Well, I don't care what she thinks. I'm not dating her." I looked up at him. "Have I mentioned how beautiful you look tonight?"

 "Have I mentioned how beautiful you look tonight?"

I felt my cheeks flush. "Um, no - not really."

He smiled. "You look beautiful."

"You don't look so bad yourself."

He smiled again as we continued dancing. "Look at us. We're actually dancing."

I nodded. "And at prom?"

"Remember our first date? Your were scared to dance in front of everyone."

I slapped his shoulder. "Hey, not all of us know how to dance."

Sebastian grabbed my hands before he twirled me. My back crashed into his chest, our hands not releasing from the other. He placed his chin on my shoulder as we swayed to the song. I smiled before turning my head. Sebastian was already looking at me. We leaned close and softly kissed one another. I know I was suppose to do this solo, but I got an idea.

"Sing with me," I said when we pulled away.

"You really want me to sing with you?" I nodded. "What do you have in mind?"

The next thing I knew, Sebastian and I took the stage. A mic stand in front of us as the couples got together.

(Me) (Sebastian) (Both)

Take my hand

Take a breath

Pull me close and take one step

I grabbed the mic and looked at Sebastian, a huge smile coming to my face.

Keep your eyes locked on mine

And let the music be your guide

Won't you promise me (Now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)

We'll keep dancing (To keep dancing)

Wherever we go next

It's like catching lightning

The chances of finding someone like you

It's one in a million

The chances of feeling the way we do

I looked towards the crowd. Santana and Brittany were close each other, eyes not leaving each other. Sam and Mercedes were swaying side-by-side. Sam gave me a thumbs up before grabbing her hand.

And with every step together

We just keep on getting better

So can I have this dance? (Can I have this dance?)

Can I have this dance?

Sebastian took his mic and walked over to me. He held his hand out.

Take my hand

I'll take the lead

And every turn will be safe with me

I slowly grabbed his hand. He pulled me close. His smile never leaving his face as he laced our fingers together. 

Don't be afraid

Afraid to fall

You know I'll catch you through it all

And you can't keep us apart (Even a thousand miles can't keep us apart)

Cause my heart is (Cause my heart is)

Wherever you are

It's like catching lightning

The chances of finding

Someone like you (like you)

It's one in a million

The chances of feeling the way we do (way we do)

The gym doors suddenly open. Another smile came to my face when I see Finn and Rachel, in her beautiful dress. Kurt and Blaine walking hand-in-hand. They came after all. This night keeps getting better.

And with every step together

We just keep on getting better

So can I have this dance? (Can I have this dance?)

Can I have this dance?

》》》》

A/N: Another short fluffy chapter, I'm sorry.

*Not edited.*