chapter one

"Mom, just because I work with La Liga, doesn't mean I'm going to have sex with every teammate," I yelled into the phone.
Ever since I moved out and graduated from college, my mom has always been up my ass about guys.
La Liga has more famous, attractive, and rich footballers than any league.
So, getting a job with them isn't helping.
"But honey, I'm concerned. I have a beautiful 24 year old, who doesn't bother to call," She says, softness taking over her raspy voice. Even though she barely calls me, I didn't want to keep talking about my new job.
"Okay, love you.. bye mom!" I cut her off before she can continue.
What I did at La Liga was basically help around the bookings. Who we played against, and where we played. Sometimes I help around with the boys' practice.
I am very close with Sergio Ramos, known the brat since high school. He's the reason why I even have this job.
As I head out to the bright green football fields, Sergio just happens to catch my eye.

"¡Marina! Hola!" he says, gasping for a breath.

(note: I know he doesn't speak fluent english but lets pretend everyone in this story does :] )

"Hey, Sergito! Where did you come from?" I exclaim, losing myself in his baby brown eyes.

"Well considering the fact that we are standing on a field.. um.. practicing." He says, making me feel stupid.

"Oh.....right." I was just woken up nearly an hour ago, and the coffee didn't bother to kick in yet; So my mind wasn't in the mood to process anything.

"Anyways, are you free right now?
I really need to talk to you about something." He says, with a concerned look.
"Uh, yeah."
We go to a coffee shop and the whole time as we were ordering, he seemed really nervous, as if he had a meeting with the president or something.
We sat down. His gaze never met mine, and his mind seemed to be somewhere else the whole time. This explained a lot; since the next few moments broke me.

"Marina. It appears that I have to be away again. I got to practice with Real Madrid, new season. Meaning I have to move to Madrid, again." He says, choking back his coughs.
"Haha you're kidding, right?"
I knew he wasn't.
"I wish. I'm leaving in a week. We have time to spend." He says.
"Why can't I come? You know I am the booker for La Liga. It wouldn't make a difference. Haha." I tried to laugh it off.
What came out of his mouth next, kinda wasn't a surprise, but something I didn't expect him to ask.

-

xx, tvrres