chapter thirteen

Sergio's POV

Her chocolate waves of hair covered her face as she took a deep breath. Our hands were still locked into place and she hadn't said a word since I had. The theater was empty, and the opening credits began and still no words from her.

She took a hard swallow and looked into my eyes. "And I, you." I could sense her cheeks flushing a light shade of pink, since her palms were sweaty. I slump into the red velvet seat, and sigh of relief. Did she really mean it? Or is she only telling me what I want to hear? If I were to ask, she would probably be offended. I gulped really hard, causing her to continue to look in my direction.

"Is it too much to ask..." I lay my head on her shoulder before continuing.

"Yes, Sergio?" She briefly smiles at me as I take a good breath in.

Marina's POV

"For you to be mine.." He says passionately. I look at him wide-eyed and sigh. My heart beat began to speed up and so did the sweat in my hands. His brown eyes were locked onto me, waiting for me to do something. I slowly lick my lips and as I was about to reply, Sergio breaks his hand away. He puts his head in his hands and bends over to his knees. He starts murmuring, "I knew I was wrong..." I smack his back with my palm and he quickly bounces straight up. "You didn't let me reply, Sergito," I wink, causing him to look at me. "It would be an honor to be yours." I stand up and take a bow. Sergio looks up at me and he starts smiling like an idiot. HIs grin was ear to ear and his cheeks were a bright shade of pink. He bolts up from his seat and stands to face me. His arms suddenly wrap my waist and his lips meet mine. It felt so different than usual.. I honestly had no idea why. We don't kiss often, only when he would randomly peck me. But this one felt real. Like I did the right thing. Sergio's lips leave mine and he licks his lips. "Dinner, now?" He smiles and my body melts. "Let's go then." I smirk and pull his arm towards the lobby.

"Okay, as you asked." Sergio says, as we pull up to the McDonalds. I told him I didn't want anything special, so he surprised me. "DRIVE THRU DRIVE THRU" Was what I chanted as he rolled his window down. "I got your order already. I still remember, silly." He winks at me and then turns to order. In college, Sergio and I used to go eat fast food a lot. It was unhealthy how much we ate. McDonalds was one of our favorites and I guess he just never forgot my order. 2 Big Macs and 2 McFlurries. That's it. My thoughts are interrupted as Sergio throws the bag of greasy meats onto my lap. 'Thanks, sweets!" I exclaim, drinking some of my McFlurry. "You better be." He smirks at me. Then I had this sudden urge to pee. Really bad..

"SERGIO, I'LL BE BACK!" I say, running into the McDonalds, leaving my purse. Which was a pretty bad mistake.

Sergio's POV

I looked into the mirror to make sure Marina entered the McDonalds safely. I felt a vibration that would not stop. My hand starts feeling everywhere. Under, on, in, over the seats until I could finally feel the bag containing the vibrating object. I slip into the purse, which was Marina's only to grab her phone. The white iPhone lit up with messages from Neymar. Not "normal friends" messages. Lovey dovey messages. And Marina was going to explain this.