chapter twenty-four

12 parts until the end.
my apologies for this being so late!! enjoy 💙
**
-

After the abrupt kiss that promptly may have ruined our friendship, Marc and I sat silent in the car. The words that slipped out of his mouth echoed in my head throughout the car ride.

So why can't I have you?

Marc may have used my vulnerability, but somehow, I let him. I let him take me away and made me feel like Sergio didn't have any ownership over me.
Am I really forgetting the feelings I had for Sergio, after something as small as a kiss?
It wasn't small.
It was huge.
The feelings behind the kiss were,
indescribable.

And the only reason why I knew that, was because I almost felt the same way.
"So where should I leave you?" Marc says, slicing the silence. My eyes stayed low, avoiding any eye contact.

"Anywhere." I mumble, and Marc swallows hard, and I felt his eyes on me. My cheeks were flaming red, my hands felt like dripping sweat. I was anxiously waiting for him to drop me off, anywhere.

"Here, is this okay? You didn't specify but..." His words fade into thin air, swerving the car onto the side of the road, along a macaroon shop. Before my hand felt to get the door handle, I sat quietly.

"This not okay?" Marc says, as I turn to face the green eyes which took me away so easily. His head is slightly tilted, a little smile of concern wiped on his face. I softly nod, and Marc turns to grip the steering wheel, facing straight ahead.
So many thoughts were racing through my head.

Sergio would be so angered if he found out I was sitting in a car, alone, with Marc. But he isn't here.
Does Marc feel anything more than friendship towards me, or did he just feel like kissing me?
I had no idea. But I did know. I just couldn't face facts.

I slowly raise my body up, facing it all towards him. I lean into his cheek, softly leaving a smooch onto it. I slump myself back into the seat, and without a second look, I took my chance to get out of the car. Slamming the door, I walked away as quick as I could.
I felt his eyes rest on me as I quickly made my way into the macaroon shop.
Taking a seat, inhaling the sugary sweets, I needed time to think to myself. The shop was full of blue colors, such as lavender and indigo. Many unfamiliar scents filled the air as my eyes skimmed the rows of various sweets. My mind focused on the sweets instead of everything; Marc, Sergio, Jr., and Pilar. I bring my hand to my cheek, softly stroking it as I began to think which sweet I wanted.

"You always stroke your cheek when you're thinking, don't you?" I pause, turning to a blonde bearded Spaniard. The one and only, Sergio. He smiles, as I stood there speechless. How and why...?
It wasn't later than an hour ago that I saw him at the café with Pilar. Confusion was the only thing running through my mind.
My eyes start to roll all over Sergio, as they follow his tattooed muscular arm, which was holding a boy. The blonde familiar boy stood next to him, one hand gripping harshly onto his shirt. His face told me he was nervous, and only trusted Sergio. Definitely his son. The Junior.

"Hi..." I mumble, keeping my eyes on the white tiled floor. What are the odds of me meeting Sergio right after Marc and I....kissed?
Why would Sergio be here? Anywhere, but here.
"So, didn't think you were much into sweets, no?" Sergio starts, as I rub my temples in annoyance.

The one thing I simply didn't want was him here right now. Anyone but him. I have yet accepted the fact that he has a son.

"I felt like it, okay..!" I snap, with my arms crossed within each other. My appetite is suddenly ruined, as the sight of Sergio ticks me off at the moment. His face slowly becomes pink, as his mouth opens to say something and his arm began extending towards my shoulder.
"Well, I got to go. Nice running into you, again." I sarcastically say, turning my back almost immediately and walking out the shops' doors.

Marc's POV ~
My arms stretched through the air as my mouth let out a yawn of exhaustion. I turn to my side, facing the clock that read 8:01am.

My head ached of
Marina, as the sun rose with a twinkling shine.

I didn't get her... was she using me or was it the other way around?
Was I using Marina?
I couldn't be, no.

She's so.. jaw dropping, the thought of me using her breaks my own heart. As stupid as it sounds, Sergio is the one in the way of my plan right now. And I'm willing to do anything to rid of him.
I shot my body up out of bed within a heartbeat, rushing to get my clothes on and defeat Sergio. He was probably the one on her mind, preventing us to go any further.
My hands reached towards my phone, quickly dialing Sergio at the speed of light.
The phone rang as my finger anxiously tapped the back of my phone, awaiting the answer of the man whom was ruining me.
"Yeah, Sergio speaking." He answered, his voice raspy as if he had just been woken up, sniffling.
"Hello, Sergio, this is Marc. We need to discuss a few things." I allowed a dark tone to take over my voice, as Sergio cleared his throat. Somehow, someway, I felt a very bad presence that this wasn't going to end well, and I wasn't going to let it bother me.
"What's there to discuss, Marc? Barely know you." Sergio says, sighing longly as he shuffles the phone around. I take a deep breath, coughing to allow my words come out smooth.
"Marina," I chuckle, "There isn't a relationship, correct?" Sergio stays silent for a couple seconds, then multiple cracking sounds are heard in the background, me assuming it was his knuckles. Oops.
"Is that so?" Is all that comes out his mouth, smacking his lips in annoyance.
"From what happened earlier today, I didn't believe there was one between you two." I smirk in determination, I was going to get so under his skin that he will forget Marina.
"What exactly happened today, Marc?" He says, an angered tone rolls off the Spanish man's tongue.
"Well, let's just say it wasn't something friends do. Let's cut to the chase.., Marina is clearly over you, and I'm willing to make her happy, happier than you ever attempted to make her. Okay?" I chuckle at the end, as I heard glass smash in the background.
"Nah, not going to work here, bud. You can't walk in the picture all random and expect her to leave me for you. Some stupid twerp. Trust me, she isn't going to leave my side anytime soon. Keep wishing, kiddo. See me when you have dreams that are actually reachable." And with those words, all dial tone was heard, and the fast beating of my heart, as if I had already lost her.

xx, tvrres 💗💗