chapter twenty-three

sorry for the delay!
xx, tvrres // 13 parts left..

**

"I know you are." Marina finally says after leaving me in suspicion for so long. Marc either really didn't like me, or just liked to piss me off. He had to agree with everything that came out of Marina's mouth. It was more proof that he was taking this to his advantage; To win Marina away from me.
It was starting to work, since I couldn't do anything due to the 'week-break'.
I was sick of Marc comforting, hugging, or smiling at her as if I wasn't there. It was beginning to eat away at me, and Pilar probably was going to annoy me once I walked into that door.

"I think we should head in now." I said, abruptly breaking the silence. Marc and Marina looked away from each other, now their sights were on me.
"Uh, Marc.. We should go, right?" Marina lets out a soft exhale, as Marc nods in agreement. My blood boiled but I slowly accepted it. Marina was already struggling trying to accept the fact I had a son; So I let it go.
"Okay. Have fun you two." With that, they walked away, Marina didn't give me second look and left the second she got a chance. She looked gorgeous today but I simply couldn't bring myself to compliment her out loud. My own girlfriend, leaving with another man. It broke my heart. But that would soon later change as Sergio Jr. repaired it as I got inside the café.
I open the door to the café, and all the customers including Pilar were shocked to see me.
I make my way to our table, and Pilar glares at me as I sit down.
"That runt taken care of?" She whispers, my eyes rested on Sergio Jr, whom was playing with his mother's phone.
"Yeah.. don't call her that.." I murmured, and she slouched back into her chair, angered.
"Sergio." I called, and it felt as if their was an echo in the café. The blonde boy looked up from the phone, his smile expanding from ear to ear.
"Si?" He says, his smile still plastered onto his face. My mind was in pain, focusing on Marina and Marc. I knew Sergio should be more important, but the one I love, seems to be gone.
"Do you know who I am?" My eyes being to water as I tremble my bottom lip, seeing as the boy looked up. His index finger was on his chin, looking like he needed to think. Pilar quietly chuckles as my back continued to face her.
"Pãpi.." The boy says: his hands curled on his knees, the smile never leaving his gentle face, and his eyes never left mine. A simple look from my son, made me forget everything that happened earlier, and it made me wonder: will he do that everytime?
My anxieties, worries, and doubts all faded away as he recognized my face. A smile crept onto my face, Pilar glaring me down.
"I think we should go. Sergio and I have plans for today." She snaps, her finger twirling strands of her dark hair.
My heart skips a beat, as the words slipped out of Pilar's mouth. I didn't want Sergio to leave me so soon, especially within hours of meeting him.
I shurgged, furrowing my eyebrows.
"Okay." A breath of disappointment drifted off my lips, as Pilar creeped a grimacing smile across her wicked face.

~

"So, where exactly are we heading?" I asked, as Marc's grip on the steering wheel intensified. He licked his lips, anxiously tilting his head, followed by a crack.
"Anywhere away from..." He hisses, "Sergio." My eyes widen at his statement, my mind beings racing.
The car pulls over to a stop onto the side of the road; Marc slowly steered his head towards me.
His elbow fell upon the arm rest beside him, and his green eyes wouldn't leave my own.
"He hasn't treated you the best, no?" His voice softly said, the words came out raspy off of his light pink lips. My hands twiddled in my lap, my shoulders felt unrelaxed, and my face began to feel hot.
"I mean...." Marc began shaking his head, an annoyed groan left his lips.
"Don't make any excuses, now. Just tell me, honestly." He lifts his hand from the steering wheel, drifting towards my leg, where my hands rested.
"Sure, in the past he wasn't the best, but now he tries his best to do everything he can to at least make me smile.." I begin, as Marc drops his back to meet the seat, a look for relief drawn across his face.
"Okay." He grins from ear to ear at me, his hand makes its way towards my own, intertwining each other.
I slowly meet his green eyes, which glittered with admiration.
"Are you both still.....," He swallows hard, his glance stuck to me like glue to a paper. His grip on me tightens, his cheeks beginning to light up with a shade of pink.
"Serious?" The words roll off the Spaniard's tounge, as my body begins to feel tense. I begin chuckling, Marc knits his eyebrows together in confusion.
"Barely. I don't even think we should be considered a couple anymore," I look down, my eyes begin watering.
"I still love the dumbass. More than anything. But, I'm starting to feel as if he is getting the feelings I have for him, for someone else." As soon as those words came out, as well did the tears.
During these moments, I've come to realize that Sergio is slowly changing. Not the good change either. He is getting bored of me and my shenanigans. This week break became almost 3 weeks, and it hasn't helped either of us. All we have done is look at the past and not even move forward. It hurts to see him leaving to Pilar. Especially her, since she was basically his first love of his life.
I've been so stupid.
All this time, wasted.
Marc raises his other hand towards my chin, lifting my face up slowly. I turn to face him, and his eyes said "I'm sorry."
My tear stained cheeks were becoming hotter as his gaze laid still on me. The car was silent for a moment. A silence that spoke louder than words could say.
"Marina." Marc finally says, his face with a serious, intense look.
"You don't have to believe me, but Sergio clearly doesn't deserve such a lovely person like yourself..," He begins, slowly bringing his face towards mine, his hand still tilting my chin.
"So why can't I have you?" His soft lips collide into mine, as the words were laid into thin air.
-