Chapter 14

(Y/N)'s POV

Loki and I walked to the viewing center, hand and hand. I looked up at Loki's thoughtful expression. I know he was genuinely worried for Thor, but he's too stubborn to admit it. Loki caught me gazing and smirked at me, which I returned with a smile.

"So, have you seen the champion?" I asked, hoping to ease the tension.

"No; I don't think there's been a champion challenge since we've arrived, love."

Hoping to nonchalantly bring up the issue, I gently pressed. "I wonder if Thor stands a chance."

"So what if he does." Loki seemed upset.

"Well, he is one of the strongest people we know. It would be dumb to tick him off, right?" I smiled sadistically, hoping to press my standpoint. I saw Loki tense up.

"Are you taking his side after he hurt you?"

"N-No that's not exactly what I..." I sighed. "I get called a lot of things. I just have to... get over it sometimes. Thor wasn't thinking."

"Why would you justify someone hurting you?"

"Sometimes to be the bigger person."

"But how can you tell if they're genuinely in he wrong, love?"

I looked at him, flabbergasted. "You don't."

We arrived to the viewing chamber, where Loki skillfully put on a fake smile and grabbed a drink off of a platter before approaching the window.

I stood by his side, gazing down.

Thor was introduced as "Lord of Lightning", much to his annoyance and Loki's amusement. I held Loki's hand in reassurance.

"And my champion!"

I watched in amazement and horror as the entire stadium vibrated. And then...

The earthling in me jumped out when I saw the HULK emerge from from the corridor.

"LOKI LOKI THATS-"

"YES!" Thor yelled. Oh yeah, I forgot Thor was an Avenger for a second.

I looked up to Loki with a smile on my face "Loki the champion is-"

My face dimmed when I saw the horror on Loki's face. "We need to get off this planet."

Loki must have had quite he interaction with Hulk, which I forgot for a second that Loki kind of tried to destroy New York and Hulk... was one of the Avengers who stopped him.

Shit's wack, dude.

Loki grabbed me hand harder and whipped around to try and exit, but was cut off by... a man with silver hair and blue paint on his face.

"Oh, hey where you heading?" He asked Loki with a smile.

"I, uh..." Loki stuttered.

I gripped Loki's back in discomfort. The man still managed to catch sight of me. "Oh, you must be his mistress. My bad, didn't mean to frighten you. I don't think you'd leave the bedroom too often, huh?" He winked at me and Loki and walked off.

My face was extremely burnt. "Who was that?"

"That, love, is the Grandmaster. Ruler of Sak'aar."

"He's... weird."

"So I've gathered."

I took a seat with Loki on the couch to watch the battle pursue.