Chapter 5: Her and The City

Taehyung POV

Taehyung POV

-flashback-

The boys and I climbed into the car, sluggish from being woken up only about twenty minutes ago. The first thing on the agenda was a photoshoot. It was for the new album concept and in an estimated thirty minutes, I predicted that I would be sitting in a studio chair, in a dressing room, wearing clothing that in total probably cost more than my entire wardrobe at the dorms. And twenty-five minutes later, that's exactly where I was. A makeup brush was making circles on my cheeks and my eyes were still slightly glassy from putting in my contacts. 

When I looked across the room in the reflection of the mirror in front of me, the boys were all doing the exact same. A table littered with gleaming silver earrings, rings, and other assorted accessories was organized on the side of the room. They were simplistic to meet the mood of the shoot. Next to the said table was a perfectly lined up row of dress shoes. All slightly different and all organized by size, color, and design.

"Please close your eyes." The makeup artist smiled at me kindly. I smiled back and complied, slowly letting my eyes fall closed. I attempted to stay awake with my eyes closed but it was becoming increasingly difficult. I was exhausted from practice yesterday and I hadn't done enough yet today to fully wake up. 

I felt the makeup brushes sweep across my eyelid and focused on that rather than how tired I was. After my makeup was finished, the hair stylist came over to fix the mess of brown hair on my head. She combed through the tangled locks and put some product in it before styling it to the sides. And after a few finishing touches of rings and a couple earring changes, I put on one of the pairs of shoes from the line and finished with a yawn.

"Still tired Tae?" Namjoon came up beside me with a chuckle.

"I just need like ten more minutes to fully wake up," I said with yet another yawn. Which was accompanied by my arms stretching above my head and my back slightly arching over.

"Okay, well at least you did better than Kook." Namjoon gestured over to the maknae who was slumped in a chair, he'd finished getting ready and was taking a nap. His head leaned on his hand which was propped up on the armrest of the chair, and his mouth hung open slightly and quiet snores left him. I laughed and he continued to sleep. On the other side of the room was where Jimin was taking to Hobi about jewelry and Jin was chatting with Suga about shoes.

"Three minutes!" A woman with a small camera broke the quiet atmosphere of the room. Seven sighs are heard through the room and I check my appearance in the mirror one last time before turning around to join the boys who are making their way onto the set to meet the photographer.

"Hello everybody!" A gentle voice approached us from behind. And when I turned around, I couldn't help but let my jaw fall slack and fix my posture. The voice had come from the woman standing in front of us who had also happened to be the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my entire life.

"My name is Mihyun and I'll be your photographer for today."

This was going to be a good photo shoot. I could already tell.

-end of flashback-

Mihyun POV

The sun was blanketing us with a thin layer of warmth as the wind swept around lightly, picking up leaves and forcing my hair to one side of my head. I breathed in the fresh air, relishing in the way it smelled compared to the city where I lived.

"Mihyun, what are you doing?" Soohyun questioned me with a lopsided grin.

"I'm enjoying what it feels like to be in nature for once. It's nice to get out of the city once and a while." I replied back.

"Yeah right, city girl, you love the city and you can't deny it." She said with a knowing smirk.

I sent her a glare even though she was completely correct.

I loved living in the city. The hustle and bustle of cars and taxis. I loved watching people from my window, people rushing to work, with papers flying from their hands as they cross the street, sightseeing groups, meandering down the sidewalks with piles of colorful maps in their clutches, and finally, the lovers. The morning cafe dates, accompanied by warm sweaters and lazy kisses that taste like bitter coffee. The late night club goers, with flashy outfits as they cling to each other while clambering into taxis with clumsy steps. The midday lunch meetups, always accompanied by hands that are everlastingly intertwined and rushed reluctant goodbyes.

I slowly slipped back into reality as I took another deep breath of air.

"But it's nice to get away from it all sometimes," I spoke. What I was really saying was that it was nice to get away from all the reminders of what we used to be, but I didn't say that part out loud. This moment was too elated to be brought down by my depressing mood, which despite being shoved into the corner of my heart, was slowly creeping its way back over to swallow the entire organ again.

"Well, we actually have some news for you Mihyun." Soohyun was looking at me with the same knowing smile but what caught me off guard was the glint of hope in her eyes.

"You know that I have a ton of super nice, not to mention single, co-workers who are always asking me to set them up with my friends... well, we've set you up for a coffee date tomorrow with one of them. And trust me on this, he's not just a random pick, I have had my eyes on him for the past few days and he's really a nice guy. Just give him a chance. Please, I can't take seeing you like this anymore. I want your infectious smile back and your bubbly laughter to flow freely from your mouth instead of seeming like it's strangling you just to reach the surface." She looked at me with a sincere smile as she shoved a strawberry into her mouth.

"Fine. What's his name?" I almost vomited when the word came out of my mouth. But I had to do this. I had to move on. For Soohyun, and for me.

Soohyun, on the other hand, started squealing with happiness. I had agreed and apparently, it was a big deal because everyone else seemed to have had some sort of weight lifted off their shoulders as well.

"His name is Jaehyun and he's very excited to meet you"

"What time do I need to be there and which cafe am I meeting him at?" I said, lacking emotion.

"9 am at the corner cafe near your apartment building." 

A/N
Hi, I hope you liked this chapter! Pease let me know what you think about the story :)