Chapter 6: Coffee and Moving On

Mihyun POV

Mihyun POV

-flashback-

The welcoming sound of the bell above the door was a familiar sound as I walked into the cafe. The strong scent of coffee beans hit me as soon as I took my first step into the room. My beat up converse sneakers made their way across the wooden floor to a table by a window. I sat down and felt the cool morning air radiating off the window. 

I turned to look at the colorful menu above the work area of the cafe. The names of the drinks drawn in curvy fonts with chalk pens. My mind raced with questions ranging from which coffee I should get all the way to doubting if my date was actually going to show up. Just as this thought darted through my brain, a faint sound of the bell above the door rang through the peaceful quiet of the room. 

My eyes darted to the door as a tall figure stepped through. His brown hair covering most of his forehead and a fraction of his eyes while a black mask covering his mouth and nose rested on his face. A number of small piercing littered both of his ears that were slightly pink from the cold air outside. He scanned the room and his gaze landed on me. I smiled gently and lifted my hand in a small wave. He pulled the mask so that it rested beneath his chin as a smile spread across his face as he made his way over to the table, gracefully sitting down and resting his elbows on the table.

"Hi, how are you?" His deep voice asked in a kind tone.

"I'm well, how are you, V-ssi?" I replied back.

"Oh please just call me Taehyung or Tae," He smiled at me, "I'm great now that I'm here with you." I felt my cheek turn warm and I looked at my lap to hide it. How was he so smooth and confident right now when he looked so nervous at the photo shoot when he asked me out? When I finally got the courage to look up, I noticed that he was still staring at me. His warm gaze made me feel happy and not uncomfortable in the slightest.

"Have you ordered yet?" He asked while glancing at the menu only to bring his gaze straight back to me after a few seconds.

"No, I was waiting for you."

"Well, do you know what you'd like?"

"Yes, I always get the same thing." I giggled.

"I've never been here, can you recommend anything to me?" He asked.

"I've only ever tried one thing so unless you'd like to order that, I can't help you." I laughed. I somehow felt so comfortable around him and all I'd done with him was take pictures for a photo shoot and had a short conversation when he got here.

"I'm sure whatever you get will be delicious." He laughed with me.

"If you say so," I said with a grin as I walked up to the counter. He followed behind me and listened as I ordered two vanilla lattes with chocolate drizzle on top and extra whipped cream with two strawberry muffins.